Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Everyone,

Just took my old Switch from the shelf where I left it since I last installed Atmosphere. Had to redo the whole process, but right now I am facing two problems:

-First one is the fact that Hekate will launch CFW on SYSnand but not on EMUMMC, the black and white logo appears and then black screen, any ideas?

-I tried installing NSP's via Goldleaf, the homebrew freezes just after clicking on "install", no reaction whatsoever and Quark doesn't seem to respond also, and when I try to launch Tinfoil Installer, to try something else, I get a "corrupt data has been found", and I cannot launch it.

If you have got any ideas, I take them, thanks a lot!

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone ever been banned even with Incognito AND 90DNS? I want to use the homebrew shop and update homebrew apps using Internet, but I'm afraid of getting banned. I know that the only 100% safe measure is staying offline, but maybe that setup is safe enough. Thanks in advance

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Fusee primary vs secondary vs hekate... it all confuses me so much lol. Would like to install sigpatches but I see the process is different for primary and secondary. I'm using Hekate 5.1 to launch into emunand. I'm on 9.1.0. So, what should I do to install them patches?
If you're using Hekate as your bootloader, you should use the Kosmos/Hekate signature patches.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-patches-es-fs.542455/

2. I use AutoRCM since I'm not a big fan of constant jigging and have no need for OFW for now. But I'd like to transfer my OFW games to my emunand SD. I read somewhere that I should use the Switch SD card program to dump them from my sd then install via a NSP installer via USB. But the SD program doesn't detect my SD card :/
If you are not using a clean OFW for online play, and you already have AutoRCM installed to prevent fuses from being burnt, then there is no reason for you to use an emuNAND.

3. I've installed Atmosphere via the latest Hekate 5.1.1. AutoRCM scares me a bit so my plan was to switch sd cards while in Hekate (got Android on another SD) so I can boot whatever I want atm. I know Android only works with 5.0.1, but 5.0.1 wont launch my Atmosphere (black screen). Could someone explain why, I guess cause I used 5.1.1 to install Atmosphere?
Later Switch system versions require updated versions of Hekate and Atmosphere.

Trying to running Astral chain with 1.0.1 update but it say i need to connect to internet before i can play it? it was running fine few months back. i have since reinstall Atmosphere and restored my switch back to default once
Did you install the update but not the base game?

hi is any update for v2 switchs running 9.1.0?
Buy an exploitable Switch or wait for TX's modchip solution.

-First one is the fact that Hekate will launch CFW on SYSnand but not on EMUMMC, the black and white logo appears and then black screen, any ideas?
Do you have an emuNAND setup? If you do and it's updated, did you update Hekate to the latest version?

-I tried installing NSP's via Goldleaf, the homebrew freezes just after clicking on "install", no reaction whatsoever and Quark doesn't seem to respond also, and when I try to launch Tinfoil Installer, to try something else, I get a "corrupt data has been found", and I cannot launch it.
You need the latest signature patches installed. For Hekate/Kosmos, you want these:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-patches-es-fs.542455/

Has anyone ever been banned even with Incognito AND 90DNS? I want to use the homebrew shop and update homebrew apps using Internet, but I'm afraid of getting banned. I know that the only 100% safe measure is staying offline, but maybe that setup is safe enough. Thanks in advance
You will not get banned if you have either one installed. Incognito is recommended with HBG.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
[QUOTE=
Did you install the update but not the base game?

[/QUOTE

I am sure i installed the full game. this happened to Three House before, but it was fine after i found the latest update. how ever i am already on Astral chain latest update

duidovwud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I delete the Nintendo folder off the root of my sd card will it delete all of the games off of my sysnand and force me to re-download them? I have 2 Nintendo folders, one on the root and one in the RAW1 folder in the emummc folder. Is the folder on the root just a copy of something I can’t see on the other partition or does the sysnand use that folder? It would free up 90gb of space if I could get rid of it. But I don’t want to delete the folder and then find all my sysnand games gone.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I delete the Nintendo folder off the root of my sd card will it delete all of the games off of my sysnand and force me to re-download them? I have 2 Nintendo folders, one on the root and one in the RAW1 folder in the emummc folder. Is the folder on the root just a copy of something I can’t see on the other partition or does the sysnand use that folder? It would free up 90gb of space if I could get rid of it. But I don’t want to delete the folder and then find all my sysnand games gone.
The Nintendo folder holds your games installed to the SD card from the sysNAND. The one in the emummc folder holds the games installed to the SD card from the emuNAND. So no, you cannot delete them without losing some of your games.

duidovwud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo folder holds your games installed to the SD card from the sysNAND. The one in the emummc folder holds the games installed to the SD card from the emuNAND. So no, you cannot delete them without losing some of your games.
So did I give myself less room by making one partition on my 256gb card 125gb and the other one 125gb? I was thinking that was gonna give me more room for games on the emummc by doing that, did one partition really only need to be 32gb?

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have emummc atmosphere 10.2 on latest firmware. Whenever I open album to access homebrew menu the system crashes. I figured out it happens when I enable sysclk and I'm in a game. If I close the game or if I disable sysclk it won't crash . Can someone help me fix this?

Zddddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, previously when I reboot to payload, it will go to Hekate, after I update sys firmware and atmosphere version, when I reboot to payload it directly boot into sept/atmosphere, is there any way can I configure back to hekate?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, previously when I reboot to payload, it will go to Hekate, after I update sys firmware and atmosphere version, when I reboot to payload it directly boot into sept/atmosphere, is there any way can I configure back to hekate?
Change the reboot_payload.bin in the atmosphere folder to hekate. Make sure you keep the name as reboot_payload.bin

VerifiedBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm new round here and looking into getting home brew on my switch to emulate some old classics. I've checked the serial number online and it says it will work fine... I've also grabbed a micro sd card and the rcm tool. Just wondering if there is any reason to update my switch first (it's currently running 6.2.0) and what the best way to get home brew is?

Also, are there any steps I should take to try not to get console banned?

Last edited by VerifiedBlue,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new round here and looking into getting home brew on my switch to emulate some old classics. I've checked the serial number online and it says it will work fine... I've also grabbed a micro sd card and the rcm tool. Just wondering if there is any reason to update my switch first (it's currently running 6.2.0) and what the best way to do this is?

Also, are there any steps I should take to try not to get console banned?
If you’re going to just be running emulators, nah, not really, most emulators should work fine one 6.2.0, some other home brew apps may need higher firmwares though
If you want to update, you can either just use the regular online updater (if you care about being able to downgrade, run it while using atmosphere with autoRCM enabled), or a tool called ChoiDujourNX.

VerifiedBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you have any recommendations for a tutorial to follow to get home brew on it, just my first time trying something like this and I don't wanna mess up?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did I give myself less room by making one partition on my 256gb card 125gb and the other one 125gb? I was thinking that was gonna give me more room for games on the emummc by doing that, did one partition really only need to be 32gb?
Your emuNAND partition should only be 32GB.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I know its normal that if I power off the Switch I have to jig/inject etc. Is it normal that in addition to that I also have to run lockpick-RCM everytime (If I don't run Lockpick-RCM after every reboot I get an error installing and/or playing some games until I run it again)? If its normal thats cool, no big deal, but just wanted to check since I never saw anything about having to do that part too each time. Also sorry if I missed that part :)

Last edited by Benja81,

VerifiedBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm currently trying to jailbreak my switch but I get a message saying panic occurred while running atmosphere. Title ID: 010041544d530000 when trying to launch

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new sd card just to install homebrew applications. I managed to install and get cfw on emunand on the fresh clean formated sd card. My question how do I get my content from my old SD card that has installed titles and updates from my legit downloaded games to my new SD card. Do I have to download everything again on the clean sysnand, then boot back into emunand with RCM? I can't just copy the Nintendo folder from the old sd card to new one without risk getting banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new sd card just to install homebrew applications. I managed to install and get cfw on emunand on the fresh clean formated sd card. My question how do I get my content from my old SD card that has installed titles and updates from my legit downloaded games to my new SD card. Do I have to download everything again on the clean sysnand, then boot back into emunand with RCM? I can't just copy the Nintendo folder from the old sd card to new one without risk getting banned?
You can copy the Nintendo folder from the old SD card to the new one without getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.