1. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Germany
    my sd slot is damaged and i cant use sd cards....i get it repaired (no not by nintendo ofc) but a question: can i use cfw without sd till i send it in?

2. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok to let switch download updates for non-official nsp's?

3. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

France
    Guys I have some questions:

- I am using 2 sd cards for my games. Tinfoil is telling me that there are some update and dlc for my games, but I am nor sure of which games are on the current SD. Is possible that I am downloading an update or DLC for to the current SD card while the game is in the other SD? Or tinfoil just tell me the updates and dlc available for the games installed on the current SD card?

- Before when I was using tinfoil I was able to press " - " to change the view of the gamelist. Now if I press " - " on the gamelist nothing happen. Why?

- On my switch I have a lot of games installed. So sometimes I get lost on the list and I would like to know if there is a way to let the system showing some games images of the selected game before launching it.Is that possible?

- There is an homebrew app or something that would make the switch like a frontend? I mean, on my RGH Xbox360 I have listed all my games with boxart, images and info of the game. lso on my CFW PS3, all my games have boxart. There is something like that on switch?

- On tinfoil there is a voice called "incomplete", listing some of the games I have installed. I play this games and seems evertything works fine, so why are this games under the "incomplete" list? What that mean?

Last edited by Tackskull, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No

No

5. Benja81

United States
    Can you explain why?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You risk getting banned and once you're banned, you will not be able to update officially anymore.

7. Benja81

United States
    Thank you. I guess I don't care about that, I made a specific account for this switch. I have my original account on a patched switch, that I can use for online stuff. Worse come to worst I could update via nsp I suppose.

Last edited by Benja81, Feb 16, 2020
    Draxzelex likes this.
  8. Fil o_O

Fil o_O GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    I've been completely out of the loop since a year. Did anything happen within a year Switch-Hacking wise? I have a 100% patched console, so there is no way to hack it now, but are there any sign it could happen, is this still worked on?

9. Crumblebee

Crumblebee Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Team Xecuter has been working on a modchip for patched switches with a demo vid on the switch lite and pictures of the chip leaked

10. matszal

matszal Newbie
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Hi all, I purchased a second hand cfw switch and accidentaly corrupted content of the atmosphere folder on the sd card. Tried to restore files manually which I downloaded from git, the console boots but I none of the games are booting. What should I do please?

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    matszal likes this.
  12. matszal

matszal Newbie
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Thanks very much this works and I can play all the games, however the hbg shop still gives Could not start the software...

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Make sure you update to the latest version of HBG (8.1.0).

14. Alessandro98

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hi guys! Is there a payload that boots fully untouched and stock horizon? As far as I know hekate applies some little modifications (such as ignoring fuse status) even when you boot stock and I would like to avoid that to be sure that I don't get banned. Thank you in advance

15. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Booting into stock OFW using Hekate will not lead to a ban. If you want to boot into stock without Hekate's stock OFW option, boot into your Switch without using an RCM payload.

Alessandro98 likes this.
  16. Alessandro98

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I know I can boot into OFW without an RCM payload, but I want to use auto RCM and I fear that if I boot through hekate I might get banned.

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    As I said before, you aren't going to be banned if you use Hekate to boot OFW.

You cannot boot normally with AutoRCM installed. If you want to boot stock OFW, you must use Hekate.

If you are wanting to preserve your fuses by using AutoRCM, then booting stock OFW without a custom bootloader like Hekate would also burn your fuses.

Alessandro98 likes this.
  18. Harrycovert

Harrycovert Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hi there,
    I think I messed up.
    I updated my switch to the latest atmosphere but then I went and updated the firmware online. Not via choidujour.
    Now it won't load the emucfw anymore. Did I break everything or is this fixable?
    -update-
    It works via paypoad primary fusee
    I might be missing a payload ini???

Last edited by Harrycovert, Feb 17, 2020
  19. krepandus

krepandus Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Couple of noob questions here:

1. Fusee primary vs secondary vs hekate... it all confuses me so much lol. Would like to install sigpatches but I see the process is different for primary and secondary. I'm using Hekate 5.1 to launch into emunand. I'm on 9.1.0. So, what should I do to install them patches?

2. I use AutoRCM since I'm not a big fan of constant jigging and have no need for OFW for now. But I'd like to transfer my OFW games to my emunand SD. I read somewhere that I should use the Switch SD card program to dump them from my sd then install via a NSP installer via USB. But the SD program doesn't detect my SD card :/

3. I've installed Atmosphere via the latest Hekate 5.1.1. AutoRCM scares me a bit so my plan was to switch sd cards while in Hekate (got Android on another SD) so I can boot whatever I want atm. I know Android only works with 5.0.1, but 5.0.1 wont launch my Atmosphere (black screen). Could someone explain why, I guess cause I used 5.1.1 to install Atmosphere?

Apologies if my questions are dumb, new to the Switch scene, understood the 3ds wayyy easier lol. Thanks in advance for replies!

20. askara

askara GBAtemp Regular

Trying to running Astral chain with 1.0.1 update but it say i need to connect to internet before i can play it? it was running fine few months back. i have since reinstall Atmosphere and restored my switch back to default once

Last edited by askara, Feb 17, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH