SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mit

Mit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    United States
    I updated to 9.0.0 and atmosphere 9.4.0 now I get error failed to update ticket In Tinfoil Whenever I try to install from sd
    What am I overlooking. I am a noob but have searched for the answer for two days ugh
    --> solved finally found

Last edited by Mit, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Kiro04

Kiro04 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    Argentina
    Hi mates!
    I have one question/problem/¿?.
    I can install XCI and NSP in my Switch throw GoldLeaf or XCIinstaller, the games run perfectly.
    But when I shutdown my console, and start in normal mode (HOS) all the games that install dosen't work.
    I reads a message saying that "An error ocurred" and gives an option to search for bad files.

Any advice to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

P.D.: Sory for my English :D

3. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    You need signature patches to run those games, but signature patches are only active in cfw

Kiro04 likes this.
  4. Kiro04

Kiro04 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    Argentina
    Thanks for the quick answer!!!

You tell me, do I always have to start in CFW (Atmosphere) to run the games?
    I have the latest SDSetup configuration that I downloaded yesterday. My console is in version 5.1.0. (I never update it and never connect to the Internet)
    Should I go to the latest version?
    To use the signature pathces do I need anything else?

5. Marsxz

Marsxz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2019
    United States
    Currently on Atmosphere 0.8.4 OS 7.1.0, if I wanted to remove every trace of Homebrew and allow online play. If this is possible, how would I do it?

Sorry if this was asked before.

6. Yung_Shyne

Yung_Shyne GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i need goldleaf to patch that issue cause i need that new astral chain:wacko:

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You need to restore a clean nand backup with the correct boot0/boot1.

Marsxz likes this.
  8. Yung_Shyne

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Does anybody know what cores I need to play PSx and PSP games on retroarch? Im sure somebody surely knows. It isnt on the built in updater is it?

9. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    I accidentally updated my console thinking I was updating a game :( Now I am on 9.0, and I have replaced the Atmosphere 0.9.4 files on my SD card, and have the fusee-primary file on my sd card. I see the Atmosphere screen, and the Nintendo Switch screen, then it immediately goes to Error Code 2162-0002 (0x4a2) screen for Atmosphere. I have deleted my themes folder and I had a bootsound that I also deleted, just in case. Any idea what I need to do? Thank you in advance.

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Is your SD card FAT32?
    That is not Tinfoil. You downloaded an application (that was formerly) known as DZ. This is Tinfoil: https://github.com/Adubbz/Tinfoil

There should be a title ID associated with that error. Remove that folder from your titles folder and try again.

11. Yung_Shyne

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    would tinfoil allow me to get nsp files since goldleaf cant atm?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Unfortunately Tinfoil has never received an official release so there is no official build that supports firmware 9.0. There are forks but they take away some of the advantages it has over Goldleaf such as faster USB installation.

13. Yung_Shyne

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    okay one more thing. do you know whixh bios i need for retroarch to play psx and psp games? are they in the built in downloader?

14. Daiwaman

Daiwaman Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2019
    Germany
    I finally managed to install atmosphere.
    Before that I copied the contents of my SD card to my PC, formatted the SD with FAT32 and copied the contents again to my SD card.
    Now I can‘t launch my previously purchased games (digitally and physically) and if I boot without atmosphere I can only see spinning wheels instead of the game‘s images.
    I was told that I need to install sigpatches, but I understood that I wouldn‘t need it for purchased games.

Did I do something wrong?

15. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Yes you have to be on Atmosphere to run your nsp games. I would recommend you going to 8.1.0 using ChoidujourNX (don't know how to spell it). You only need the correct sig patches on your sd card.

16. Fil o_O

Fil o_O GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I just got a switch: 8.0.1 (the new one with the better battery life)

I thought I came here to ask a simple question:
    What are my options?

There is tons of information, where do I start?

Someone on Discord told me there is no way this console can be modded, but by browsing these forums I feel like I'm may not be excluded from the modding community just yet...

17. MegaBloopy

MegaBloopy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    United States
    Never mind I got it. I installed but and then went to browse files on switch, plugged it in and browsed to my computer drive

Draxzelex likes this.
  18. RAGEstacker

RAGEstacker Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2019
    Italy
    Italia
    Your switch is hardware revision V2 which is hardware patched, no way to hack it atm

Last edited by RAGEstacker, Sep 17, 2019
  19. MegaBloopy

MegaBloopy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    United States
    How do I boot atmosphere 9.4.0 with r4s? Do I just stick the fusee primary .bin on the r4s?

20. Pokepicker

Pokepicker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2015
    Norway
    I haven't paid attention to the Switch scene in a long while. I have a spare, untouched 3.0.0 Switch laying in my closet.

Are there any permanent "hax", or do I need to send payloads any time I reset the console? Do I go for the "dreaded" TX for ease of use, or is Atmosphere-NX just as easy/easier to use? Or maybe reiNX?
    I remember using reinand for my 3DS before moving over to Luma3DS.

I see some mention of fuses. Should I try to preserve mine?

Is there one "go to" guide for going trough the jailbreak process?

Thank you for any replies that would help enlighten someone who has been out of the loop for too long.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted