Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Test the unit out, but try to avoid charging it above 85%. You should store your Switch in the fridge, but that might lead to an awkward situation with your family or roomates. For a super detailed answer check the guide linked below.

http://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

So, if I accidentally charge it to 100%, I should try to use the unit until below 85%.

Is this correct assumption?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
We can dump games by now, right? If developers are able to run emulators like Yuzu, that means "we" have knowledge about how the games works, load, etc, right?

Would that mean that with Homebrew, "we" only need a way to load those dumps into the Switch? (like FBI?)

Dont want to open a thread about it, i just want to know the logistic behind it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So im on update 5.0.0 does it any matter if i update to 5.0.2 or ?
Probably not, but it is never that simple.
Look, right now you have a forever-proof method to hack the console, it works in any firmware version forever. But it requires you to short an exposed pin and connect the console via USB to a device (e.g. PC) to send an exploit, and you have to do this every time you cold boot the console. If that doesn't bother you, update to any FW version forever... there is some freedom there.

Wait, but does that mean that it will be different if you stay in say FW 5.0.0? Who knows, most probably it will be the same, but nobody has a crystal ball to predict if an exploitable software bug will be found in it. There is a risk to take, although minimal.

You should take your own decisions, but if you are lazy and want me to silver plate my own decision to you, then update all you want, and live the happy life, just get near an USB device if you have to cold boot.

sleeperdk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Cool thx ^^ Another question. Will the "hacks" allow me to update games or.

Probably not, but it is never that simple.
Look, right now you have a forever-proof method to hack the console, it works in any firmware version forever. But it requires you to short an exposed pin and connect the console via USB to a device (e.g. PC) to send an exploit, and you have to do this every time you cold boot the console. If that doesn't bother you, update to any FW version forever... there is some freedom there.

Wait, but does that mean that it will be different if you stay in say FW 5.0.0? Who knows, most probably it will be the same, but nobody has a crystal ball to predict if an exploitable software bug will be found in it. There is a risk to take, although minimal.

You should take your own decisions, but if you are lazy and want me to silver plate my own decision to you, then update all you want, and live the happy life, just get near an USB device if you have to cold boot.

sleeperdk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Cool :3 Will hold on for now cus there are no new update for isaac in some time ^^
And im sure those smart heads will figure a way out to change the bootrom to allow the cfw in time

That depends on the Custom Firmware (Atomsphere), and how well it lets you go online and use the eShop.
It is currently still in early development, so I can't tell for sure.
But I guess it will allow you.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the X1 exploit available on all versions or isn't it? I've heard multiple answers already, and I thought it was kind of a ntrboot but for Switch. Then, doesn't it mean that when it's released to the public (I've heard June, but that seems too early lol) every user will be able to do the same that they're already doing with 3ds? I mean, with less-developed softwarw, but with the same exploit level and ease.

Enviado desde mi MI Note 2 mediante Tapatalk
The X1 exploit is already public. The CFW is planned for release in June which is the part that will let us do pretty much anything. The difference between the bootrom exploit for the 3DS and the Switch is the one for the 3DS was untethered while the Switch is tethered. Meaning, booting CFW from the 3DS was extremely easy and pretty much voided the need for EmuNAND. However, because the Switch needs a USB cable connection to a PC to exploit the bootrom, we're going to need to install EmuNAND then a CFW on top of that because achieving coldboot involves more steps for now.

OrakioRob

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, noob here! Congrats everyone on the great work you're doing, be it creating firmware and stuff or just answering questions.

I might buy a Nintendo Switch today, and of course I don't want to upgrade the firmware. I guess that means I shouldn't access the eshop and go online at all, right?

I'll probably get the physical edition of Breath of the Wild. Will I be able to play it without going online or do I have to connect my Switch and login to my Nintendo account? Am I safe running the game or will it try to update my firmware?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, noob here! Congrats everyone on the great work you're doing, be it creating firmware and stuff or just answering questions.

I might buy a Nintendo Switch today, and of course I don't want to upgrade the firmware. I guess that means I shouldn't access the eshop and go online at all, right?

I'll probably get the physical edition of Breath of the Wild. Will I be able to play it without going online or do I have to connect my Switch and login to my Nintendo account? Am I safe running the game or will it try to update my firmware?

Thanks!
Read this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-games-required-firmware-version.485959/

Reactions: OrakioRob

manu_03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me see if I understood this all right.

Homebrew is bootable on all versions and will always be due to the exploited method. However, CFW is only assured in <5.0.0 and requires hardmod in some versions.

Then, next June or whenever everything is released, ALL users will be able to boot HBL in a non-hardmod method; and some users will be able to CFW, some with hardmod.

Homebrew will allow to access files in the SD and the same use of hardware as a real game. So, even if it wouldn't be able to load backups whatsoever, it'd be able to run a homebrewed game with the same power that the system would use if it were signed software.

I think I must be wrong on something, that this can't be that good. In that case, what's what I don't get?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me see if I understood this all right.

Homebrew is bootable on all versions and will always be due to the exploited method. However, CFW is only assured in <5.0.0 and requires hardmod in some versions.

Then, next June or whenever everything is released, ALL users will be able to boot HBL in a non-hardmod method; and some users will be able to CFW, some with hardmod.

Homebrew will allow to access files in the SD and the same use of hardware as a real game. So, even if it wouldn't be able to load backups whatsoever, it'd be able to run a homebrewed game with the same power that the system would use if it were signed software.

I think I must be wrong on something, that this can't be that good. In that case, what's what I don't get?
Lets go point by point.

Homebrew will be available for everyone via the CFW due to the bootrom exploit. It affects all currently available Switches on the market since it takes advantage of a hardware exploit. Firmware 5.0 includes support for a new chip called Mariko, however, as far as we know, Nintendo has not released it into the market. June 15th is what we believe is the target for when the CFW will be finished. Its a public work-in-progress so technically there's no release, think more like telling your mom you finished dinner.

Depending on your firmware version, there will be software methods of booting into the CFW. There are confirmed methods that work up to 4.1 as there are none so far documented on 5.X. Everyone of course has the option of doing the hardmod variant.

Backup loading has to developed separately but will be easier with the CFW. Hard to speculate how long it will take or how it will even be implemented. However, if history is any indication, someone will find a way to do it. It's just a matter of waiting.

Reactions: Qulox

aikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought my switch in August 2017 and updated it to 5.0.1.

Do I have a chance to get a future exploit?

Enviado de meu F5122 usando Tapatalk

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we, with some amazing blessing, and some time, run Fortnite through Linux on Switch? Fortnite is able to run on Linux using various methods, could we one day play PC games on Switch through Linux?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I bought my switch in August 2017 and updated it to 5.0.1.

Do I have a chance to get a future exploit?

Enviado de meu F5122 usando Tapatalk
Fusee Galee works on every FW, yes. It works right now, too. It's just a bit harder.

Read more here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-updated-faq.502776/

Last edited by aykay55,
Reactions: aikon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too