Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Fusee Gelee is the name of the exploit of using a Fusee-based launcher such as Fusee Gelee Launcher for Linux and TegraRCMSmash for Windows (TegraRCMGUI is a derivative of the original launcher). Both launchers are used to load the same exploit.
Maybe bad beef between ReiSwitched and rajkosto? Because of him, the stash was no longer publicly shared and we now have a "CFW" named RajNX, which even some of the ReSwitched developers are not fans of. I can't speak much for the ReiSwitched team but these are just some of the reasons I can imagine why they don't choose to support it in their official guide.

And if you loaded ReiNX before backing up the NAND, depending on what you did after loading ReiNX, you may or may not have been flagged. Only Nintendo will be able to answer that question.

I did absolutely nothing, I saw reinx booting, realized my mistake checked system settings for a reinx marker (like on 3ds has) then rebooted into hekate. I've never connected this switch to the Internet if that helps any.

Uh here is a sort of urgent request. How do I cancel a dump with hekate? Accidentally dumped the emmc user and it's 30gb. I don't need emmc user if I don't care about my saves/games, right?

I have a 120gb microsd card and I only have 50gb left so I did something wrong lol

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh here is a sort of urgent request. How do I cancel a dump with hekate? Accidentally dumped the emmc user and it's 30gb. I don't need emmc user if I don't care about my saves/games, right?

I have a 120gb microsd card and I only have 50gb left so I did something wrong lol
If you were dumping it in V4.2, canceling it is a new feature.
  • Allow canceling of the verification process
    Now you can cancel backup and verification process. If backup phase is done, canceling in verification, will keep your files.

EmeraldB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the guide at guide.sdsetup.com and when I try to launch cfw using Hekate, it shows this error screen. I'm on firmware 6.01.

Attachments

• IMG_20181024_200908.jpg
    IMG_20181024_200908.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 118

WiseSalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hI, quick question, trying to fix switch that wont charge after battery drained completely.. it's my sister's console, and she couldn't get herself to update it since launch... so, I'm rather certain is just that stupid software issue with the battery at the launch, I am not completely new to the mod scene, but haven't looked into it for a while, since is not mine and my sister is the devil incarnate when mad, I am kinda scared to mess up something, just wanted to doubled check the details, as I understand the fix is that I inject the bootloader and I switch the data to the charging cable almost immediately, is this right?, also wouldn't mind some guidance in which programs are the best in this case, I was planning in using TregaRmcSmash with TegraRmcGUI 2.4.. also, is there is some tool that could do this more easily? (yeah... I kinda get is already easy, just checking), lastly, is there any chance to mess up the console more than it is already? (I really don't want to send it to nintendo, last year I had to fix a couple of controllers and it took them 3 months to ship them back fixed) so.. lol please help.

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hI, quick question, trying to fix switch that wont charge after battery drained completely.. it's my sister's console, and she couldn't get herself to update it since launch... so, I'm rather certain is just that stupid software issue with the battery at the launch, I am not completely new to the mod scene, but haven't looked into it for a while, since is not mine and my sister is the devil incarnate when mad, I am kinda scared to mess up something, just wanted to doubled check the details, as I understand the fix is that I inject the bootloader and I switch the data to the charging cable almost immediately, is this right?, also wouldn't mind some guidance in which programs are the best in this case, I was planning in using TregaRmcSmash with TegraRmcGUI 2.4.. also, is there is some tool that could do this more easily? (yeah... I kinda get is already easy, just checking), lastly, is there any chance to mess up the console more than it is already? (I really don't want to send it to nintendo, last year I had to fix a couple of controllers and it took them 3 months to ship them back fixed) so.. lol please help.
Personally if the console wasn't mine I wouldn't install any homebred or cfw. Not worth the ban risk. But generally it's insert rcm jig, run hekate payload backup nand etc, then follow a guide for the cfw of your choice and never ever even think about going online with the console.

Edit how long have you left it on the charger? Sometimes when it dies completely when In rcm you need to leave it charging overnight.

Last edited by randomgbanoob123,

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I've been looking into Switch hacking and wanted to ask some general info I'm having trouble ascertaining. I figured out my Switch is old enough to be in the "hackable" territory by serial number and that switches at the latest firmware as of now (6.0.1) are hackable. I was curious if there is:

1. An extremely secure way to hack (mainly interested in portable emulators, romhacks, and save backups) without getting banned online playing the games I own (I really don't want to be banned from playing Smash Bros Ultimate when it comes out.

2. If not, I wait to hack it until a "new" Switch of some kind comes out that I transfer everything to, if it's likely that my old Switch will remain hackable until then (e.g. is a first run Switch bought within first couple months of release unpatchably hackable) or if it is possible it will be patched out by additional firmware patches.

Thank you.

WiseSalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Personally if the console wasn't mine I wouldn't install any homebred or cfw. Not worth the ban risk. But generally it's insert rcm jig, run hekate payload backup nand etc, then follow a guide for the cfw of your choice and never ever even think about going online with the console.

Edit how long have you left it on the charger? Sometimes when it dies completely when In rcm you need to leave it charging overnight.

I really don't want to do anything really complicated I just want to jumpstart the battery again, that is why I as for the simplest, and least risky to do this, yeah I charged it all night. ( rcm jig?, it is needed for this also?).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I've been looking into Switch hacking and wanted to ask some general info I'm having trouble ascertaining. I figured out my Switch is old enough to be in the "hackable" territory by serial number and that switches at the latest firmware as of now (6.0.1) are hackable. I was curious if there is:

1. An extremely secure way to hack (mainly interested in portable emulators, romhacks, and save backups) without getting banned online playing the games I own (I really don't want to be banned from playing Smash Bros Ultimate when it comes out.

2. If not, I wait to hack it until a "new" Switch of some kind comes out that I transfer everything to, if it's likely that my old Switch will remain hackable until then (e.g. is a first run Switch bought within first couple months of release unpatchably hackable) or if it is possible it will be patched out by additional firmware patches.

Thank you.
There are around 2 ways you can try avoiding a ban:
  1. Continuously backup and restore a clean NAND using Hekate. This includes boot0/boot1 as well. The way this method works is if you make then flash a clean hack-free NAND backup prior to going online, you can make it appear like your console was never hacked. You also would have to ensure your console never connects online with hacks, or if you do, use a DNS server such as 90DNS to block all Nintendo-related traffic
  2. Use SX OS' "EmuNAND". One of the uses of an EmuNAND partition is to separate all hacking from legitimate activity on a console. However, the EmuNAND implementation in SX OS is not ideal in that it is theoretically detectable. Reason for this is because rather than being emulated from the SD card which is safe, it is emulated from the NAND which is not safe. So far, no one has been banned for using but that's only for now.

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't want to do anything really complicated I just want to jumpstart the battery again, that is why I as for the simplest, and least risky to do this, yeah I charged it all night. ( rcm jig?, it is needed for this also?).
Ah, I misunderstood completely. No, you don't need an rcm jig. Do you happen to have a multimeter? Have you tried charging it with an unofficial charger? If so that might be a reason.

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are around 2 ways you can try avoiding a ban:
  1. Continuously backup and restore a clean NAND using Hekate. This includes boot0/boot1 as well. The way this method works is if you make then flash a clean hack-free NAND backup prior to going online, you can make it appear like your console was never hacked. You also would have to ensure your console never connects online with hacks, or if you do, use a DNS server such as 90DNS to block all Nintendo-related traffic
  2. Use SX OS' "EmuNAND". One of the uses of an EmuNAND partition is to separate all hacking from legitimate activity on a console. However, the EmuNAND implementation in SX OS is not ideal in that it is theoretically detectable. Reason for this is because rather than being emulated from the SD card which is safe, it is emulated from the NAND which is not safe. So far, no one has been banned for using but that's only for now.

Thanks! One quick question, are these DNS servers reliable? I remember ones for the WiiU and 3DS going up and down a lot back in the day, and I wonder if I should consider them reliable if I decide to use them.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! One quick question, are these DNS servers reliable? I remember ones for the WiiU and 3DS going up and down a lot back in the day, and I wonder if I should consider them reliable if I decide to use them.
For 90DNS, in the GBATemp thread where there are full details on what it blocks as well as other things, it has a section on how you can test if its working or not. I think it was a Python script but I can't remember.

Reactions: PowerMiner

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a question that you probably don't know, I am trying to dump botw, but my console doesn't support exfat, is there a pre-os way to dump? So I don't end up with multiple ~4gb files.

WiseSalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, I misunderstood completely. No, you don't need an rcm jig. Do you happen to have a multimeter? Have you tried charging it with an unofficial charger? If so that might be a reason.

only nintendo licensed chargers as far as I am aware, humm, no I don't have one, I don't think I will be able to get access to one until next week, but I would like to get over with this quickly... mostly because sister's pressure "rolls eyes", that is also why I am asking, I would prefer to figure this out calmly by myself... but you see how it is with family, anyhow. Is is okay then for my needs to work with TegraRmcSmash TegraRmcGUI?, another thing... I am at a loss in what kind of file should I try to inject in order to kick the battery on and minimize possibility of messing up. Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: