Hacking Question Switch no longer responding at all after update

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently used sdsetup website to switch from reinx to atmosphere. Everything worked well. I then used choi to update to 10,0. After the reboot, the system no longer responds at all. No RCM. Nothing at all.

Initially, I was formated to exfat and made the mistake of updating to non exfat. So I wiped my SD (After backing it up) and formated to FAT32, thinking it would fix the issue. It didnt.

I'm totally lost. Any ideas?

Last edited by Starkgod,
Reactions: Shadow#1

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Holding the powerbutton for 12 seconds should force power it down.

If you haven't got AutoRCM enabled and turn it on without microSD it should boot.

You can also use the rcm dongle to check if it is on, just look at the dongles led indicator (white = receives power from switch)

If the power button is broken, inserting a powered usb c will turn the switch on as secondary means.

This sounds related to sour case perhaps:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-no-longer-turning-on.562947/

Edit:
Also try a new microSD card, preferably a brand one (authentic SanDisk f.e.), garbled microSDs stop EmuNand from working.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding the powerbutton for 12 seconds should force power it down.

If you haven't got AutoRCM enabled and turn it on without microSD it should boot.

You can also use the rcm dongle to check if it is on, just look at the dongles led indicator (white = receives power from switch)

If the power button is broken, inserting a powered usb c will turn the switch on as secondary means.

This sounds related to sour case perhaps:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-no-longer-turning-on.562947/

Edit:
Also try a new microSD card, preferably a brand one (authentic SanDisk f.e.), garbled microSDs stop EmuNand from working.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried these things. My micro SD is sandisk. And I dont use emunand. The switch doesn't respond at all even after holding the power button. I've noticed that connecting it to the PC via USB-c also doesn't prompt any response. My PC doesn't even notice the switch anymore.

I hope this thing isnt bricked completely somehow.

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE. After doing nothing different at all, my switch suddenly booted into RCM, and is working now. That was... very strange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended