Switch Motherboard Questions

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Zonark, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Zonark
    OP

Zonark Zonark - Noun - A God

Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    Has anyone found if the motherboard is married to the unit in some way to prevent swapping?

I’m asking due to the possibility of unbanning a switch unit by swapping out the internal motherboard with an unbanned units board. I personally am not banned but am looking to the future of possibly assisting others with a unban service.

Has anyone tried swapping them?

It does not appear that they are married due to the modular design of the internal storage.

2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    You wouldnt be able to transfer an eMMC from on board to another without reinstalling the firmware due to system specific keys

Edit: but I think anything else could be transferred without issues

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Awstoned

Awstoned Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    United States
    Did you find an answer to this question

4. Zonark
    OP

Zonark Zonark - Noun - A God

Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    No not exactly, mainly just wondering about complete main board swapping but not sure if anyone has done it

5. SundayWarrior

SundayWarrior Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Russia
    cpu have unic serial number. If just swap nand from another switch maybe console cant turn on. Easy way check this - get orig dump and eject donor dump. If console can turn on - all possible (sx os license sharing including). But i think what switch will be bricked after this