Hardware Switch Micro SD Replacement Issues

Metalicebox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I had some pins on the Micro SD FPC connector break. Instead of installing jumper wires, I had the entire FPC connector replaced by a local shop. Now my Switch isn't detecting SD cards at all.

Things I've tried:
- multiple memory cards (exfat and FAT32 formats)
- swapping out sd card slots (original one shows no memory card is inserted while two replacement slots produce a "microSD cannot be read" error)

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not experienced with soldering, but the replacement connector appears to be seated correctly. Also thinking I might've gotten a bad part or maybe MOBO issues? Any input is appreciated.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Definitely not solder on properly.

If you have a multimeter I can send you a diode reading of the sd card connector and you can confirm yourself

Last edited by de9ed,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Metalicebox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not solder on properly. Question the shop if they even have a amazon solder iron for touch up. Don't be fooled if they say " i HaVe a HaKkO"

If you have a multimeter I can send you a diode reading of the sd card connector and you can confirm yourself
Confirmed, this was the issue. Took it into another shop and it's working now

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol