Switch Lite softmod in 2021/2022

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's not the reason, it's Chinese greed
these chips are less than $15 to produce
I'm not saying the chips are costing $150 to produce.

There's a global shortage of components to build those chips with. That in turn pushes up the production price of the chip which means they can keep the cost high because anyone who wants to build a similar chip will have trouble sourcing the components.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is ALWAYS a Software exploit. That's how technology work. The perfect system doesn't exist. In a couple of year we will see.
I mean sure but by then, the Switch will probably be irrelevant. Look at the Wii Mini. It took 10 years to get an exploit. Who was looking forward to hacking their Wii Mini that much later when both the Wii U and Switch exist?

Spindragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
am not fussed about paying for premium games, i like soft mods purely for the emulator scene, and even more now since my amazing PSP broke does the switch carry emulation without a mod?

Spindragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes Games are limited to the on disc games but sega produce a mega drive Game/ emulator as a purchased title so is there maybe other emulators available to purchase, my first switch lite arrives today.

Spindragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe answered my own question sega, atari and namco all have games out on switch so seemly there are other emulation or at least a variant of such.

Its a shame more emulators aren't present and made to allow for personal library entry ie i have a massive library of owned PSP games i could have used in a paid for emulator.

Seems a shame as PC, Mac, Linux, and android all have apps or software you can buy and add games so why not on switch i don't see why we cant have Emulators we can buy and use.

No one is building those old consoles any longer so no one loosing revenue. Maybe Nintendo and other consoles for this matter need to get onto the wagon and build paid emulators.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe answered my own question sega, atari and namco all have games out on switch so seemly there are other emulation or at least a variant of such.

Its a shame more emulators aren't present and made to allow for personal library entry ie i have a massive library of owned PSP games i could have used in a paid for emulator.

Seems a shame as PC, Mac, Linux, and android all have apps or software you can buy and add games so why not on switch i don't see why we cant have Emulators we can buy and use.

No one is building those old consoles any longer so no one loosing revenue. Maybe Nintendo and other consoles for this matter need to get onto the wagon and build paid emulators.

Not following you. There’s retroarch you can install for free and emulate everything you listed. Have to have the right hardware of course, but the fact is it does exist. My son was playing some old school Colecovision on my V1 Switch just this morning.

Spindragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not following you. There’s retroarch you can install for free and emulate everything you listed. Have to have the right hardware of course, but the fact is it does exist. My son was playing some old school Colecovision on my V1 Switch just this morning.
yeah i was on about doing emulation without a mod. Seems it don't exist on switch lite yet, seems odd as many other devices now allow it and even allow you to buy such apps. Roms are the illegal tricky bit not the emulation but if you have the titles technically you aint breaking any laws lol

Reactions: binkinator

Ayburr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where there is software, there is flaws, i long for the day that the switch lite is hackable, i speculate before 2024 we will see a way to softmod the marikos.

Last edited by Ayburr,

james194zt2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody is going to risk soft mod on the Switch whilst it is Nintendos current console, when the next gen comes out then maybe it will happen. Nintendo are way too lawyer happy at the moment and will likely sue whoever releases it into oblivion! There is already somebody sitting in jail from mod chips, and the reason there are not cheap mod chips is everybody who has the FPGA chips bitstream is too scared to release due to Nintendo.

People have that FPGA bitstream and the ability to release it right now behind closed doors, I have seen the proof of it but it is not going to be released anytime soon so you are stuck with the rip off Chinese chips. The good news is there does look like more than 1 team creating them and the prices are slowly coming down a few $ every week or so now thanks to competition.

The hack itself, the modchip diagrams etc... are well known and anybody can with the right equipment glitch the Switch without a mod chip. It is just that it is all kept underground.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that the switch's kernel (the thing that kinda needs to be compromised to have homebrew running) has no bugs that can lead to homebrew. Basically, a switch software exploit is very very far off, if ever. Even then, the info comes from SciresM, who has reimplemented the kernel twice for Atmosphere.

skylabhalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is ALWAYS a Software exploit. That's how technology work. The perfect system doesn't exist. In a couple of year we will see.
What about the Xbox 360 though? Still no softmod only jtag/rgh
Also I seriously don't trust HWFLY Chips just read some bad reviews and I'm too scared to break my switch so I'll be waiting till xecuter resurect themself (so never xd)

Reactions: godreborn

nope_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying the chips are costing $150 to produce.

There's a global shortage of components to build those chips with. That in turn pushes up the production price of the chip which means they can keep the cost high because anyone who wants to build a similar chip will have trouble sourcing the components.
Tru dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj