Homebrew Homebrew app Switch Lite Dock with Raspberry Pi and SysDVR

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can Switch Lite connect to TV? I made a video tutorial on how to use SysDVR on a Raspberry Pi. Hope it'll be useful for some of you, especially Switch Lite owners. Nintendo Switch Lite Dock to TV that's slightly more portable than lugging your PC around.

Last edited by CWar,

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
@CWar
Nice! The whole experience will be better and so much stable using the USB-C connection to RPi instead of WiFi, though. It's strange that it isn't.

Speaking of hiding the mouse cursor in X11, I guess one may disable it with xinput like this:
Code:
xinput list
xinput list-props 2 (use your values)
xinput set-int-prop 2 129 8 0 (use your values)
xinput set-int-prop 2 129 8 1 (turning it on)

Last edited by mathew77,
Reactions: CWar

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@CWar
Nice! The whole experience will be better and so much stable using the USB-C connection to RPi instead of WiFi, though. It's strange that it isn't.
Yeah I know! Will be truly portable if it works on USB C. Tried it on Pi 4 8GB and 4GB, various USB C cables, same thing, lags on USB C. But if anyone had a different experience, do let me know.

Speaking of hiding the mouse cursor in X11, I guess one may disable it with xinput like this:
Thanks! will try

Last edited by CWar,

Weird123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can Switch Lite connect to TV? I made a video tutorial on how to use SysDVR on a Raspberry Pi. Hope it'll be useful for some of you, especially Switch Lite owners. Nintendo Switch Lite Dock to TV that's slightly more portable than lugging your PC around.

As someone who dont know how to do shit on linux, it will be more awesome if you show how to install that OS, compile that thing, and install dotnet5 or any other thing. You can show it where i can read it (how to) in your video but then why would i stay to watch your video till the end then, and with all extra step you can easily hit 10 minute mark, even you still cant monitize your video.

Last edited by Weird123,
Reactions: CWar and mathew77

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As someone who dont know how to do shit on linux, it will be more awesome if you show how to install that OS, compile that thing, and install dotnet5 or any other thing. You can show it where i can read it (how to) in your video but then why would i stay to watch your video till the end then, and with all extra step you can easily hit 10 minute mark, even you still can monitize your video.

If there's enough request for a step by step walkthrough, I can post an updated video ;)

Last edited by CWar,
Reactions: mathew77

SwitchLiteUser1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play switch on tv but I have a switch lite and I don’t want to risk getting banned from online play because of a jail broken system and my mom won’t get me a regular switch also I do also have a regular switch but it doesn’t work so that’s out of the question is there anyway I can play switch on my tv without a jail broken system?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to play switch on tv but I have a switch lite and I don’t want to risk getting banned from online play because of a jail broken system and my mom won’t get me a regular switch also I do also have a regular switch but it doesn’t work so that’s out of the question is there anyway I can play switch on my tv without a jail broken system?
No. That's not possible without hardmods, unfortunately.

kapek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
why do we need a pi? we don't have a video card on lite?

can I get a custom video-card-chip and not pi?

errorz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysdvr for android is live!
this is definitely great news, but I was very letdown from the fact that it's Android 10+. A lot of streaming sticks like the Amazon ones are stuck on Android 9 or you'd have to upgrade to the latest one. It would have been perfect to be used as a docking device.
I can see the need for using the newer version, but this is very sad indeed. Seems it should be fixed sometime in the future tho.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
this is definitely great news, but I was very letdown from the fact that it's Android 10+. A lot of streaming sticks like the Amazon ones are stuck on Android 9 or you'd have to upgrade to the latest one. It would have been perfect to be used as a docking device.
I can see the need for using the newer version, but this is very sad indeed. Seems it should be fixed sometime in the future tho.
Worse, it has to be 64 bit too. It works great on the Nvidia Shield and my other tablets. I will be using this when I'm on a plane.

Reactions: errorz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.