Switch Lite - "dock" it to TV using OTG?

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's an OTG cable? It's a male USB-C, micro USB, or lightning to female USB adapter or something similar (i.e. HDMI, ethernet, etc). Essentially a USB drive reader for your phone with many other uses.

Can I plug my OTG into a Switch Lite bypassing the Switch dock and allowing it to output to TV?
I have tested this using a Switch original model and it works, given an external power supply is present for the OTG.

I would like to buy a Lite because it is cheaper, however I need to get around the docked mode and non-detachable joy-con problems.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's an OTG cable? It's a male USB-C, micro USB, or lightning to female USB adapter or something similar (i.e. HDMI, ethernet, etc). Essentially a USB drive reader for your phone with many other uses.

Can I plug my OTG into a Switch Lite bypassing the Switch dock and allowing it to output to TV?
I have tested this using a Switch original model and it works, given an external power supply is present for the OTG.

I would like to buy a Lite because it is cheaper, however I need to get around the docked mode and non-detachable joy-con problems.

You need a regular model (V1 or V2) or an OLED switch if you want to dock output to a TV. Switch lite no dock output.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't trick the system into outputting through the dock if it was never manufactured to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1