Homebrew RELEASE Switch library manager - easily manage your switch game backups

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i will wait a little bit to test this version again

lets go back to previous bug

i found ̶2̶ 1 bugs on 1.3.5

̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶:̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶"̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶s̶"̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶b̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶é̶r̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶s̶a̶a̶c̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶j̶a̶p̶/̶u̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶u̶r̶o̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶é̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶d̶
̶i̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶
̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶b̶r̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶T̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶c̶i̶

̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶
̶(̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶/̶v̶e̶r̶i̶f̶i̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶)̶
̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶
̶(̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶)̶
̶t̶h̶a̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶i̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶e̶m̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶

second bug : i notice after a scan the information displayed about number of games/DLC with missing updates is not good
i test by adding an update in game folder then rescan normal and hard and the information displayed dont change
i think the job is done and only information is not refresh

estethic suggestion : add a switch logo picture in second column (first line)

suggestion to consider : add a template also for dlc and update to have more option
cause it could be interesting to add version for update or dlc but not for the game base as they are always v0 / 1.0

suggestion to consider : add region to folder name so same game with same name but from different region wont be in same directory

finnaly there is some dlc with no name like some of smash bros

is there a way to report this Tinfoil titles db missing ?

Last edited by samuzomoxo,

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
small bug : tinfoil db use those special characters 【 】in some name ( smash bros dlc) but the program don't know them an delete them when renaming

result stick words in naming

solution : replace special【 】 by normal [ ] or ask blawar/titledb if they can use normal [ ]

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game 'no more heroes' (0100F0400F202000) dont have picture and the program dont tell update is missing.
i checked in the database and i didnt see any reference to this game
problem seems there is no way to ask to blawar/titledb that some information is missing or need to be update.

same for 'no more heroes' dont have picture and the program dont tell update is missing.

'Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes' is ok

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@samuzomoxo - thanks for all the feedback, will handle your points once i get some free time.
Titles are usually added in a 24hr lag into blawar titledb, so expect the titles that were released today to be updated by tomorrow.

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another mistake from me.

as no more heroes is an old game, i thought it a was an old release.
but it just release yesterday.

coincidence that i was looking for the game the day it comes out.

so you are right, i just need to wait the titledb update

ilikemyrealname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to ask such a silly question, but where is this settings.json file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I apologize for asking probably a really silly question, but where is this settings.json file? Once found, do I just edit it with a text editor?

ilikemyrealname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I see the file is in the folder. I dropped the app into my Applications folder so I didn't see it. I was looking in places like Library/Application Support.

Apologies for the the posts while account creating. Feel free to delete these...all. smh

buckweed187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really awesome tool, prefect for what I was looking for.
But can you add some more options to jazz it up a bit.
Change background and bigger images would look nicer too.
Maybe so it looks more like a frontend loader?
Just some ideas.

kazuki_chan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@giwty how to permanently stored my library? I have several storages that have the backup games. It can be quite a hassle to connect all storages each time i want to access the library in my pc. Would it be possible to scan only one time then save the library offline so that i can open that library in my pc/other location? i don't mind having separate library for each storage as long as they can be accessed without having to connect the storage once i already scanned them once. Let me know what do you think about this.

Last edited by kazuki_chan8,

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is definitely some errors in tinfoil database you use
but seems there is no way to report this as blawar ignore message

ChambersNow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, using the latest version of this app but having problems using the organize feature. I'm trying to go through all my xci's and organize based on region (I want to then delete all non-US games). So I tried to do the rename feature and it said successful, but nothing happens. Are my settings correct?

"organize_options": {
"create_folder_per_game": true,
"rename_files": true,
"delete_empty_folders": false,
"delete_old_update_files": false,
"folder_name_template": "{REGION}",
"switch_safe_file_names": true,
"file_name_template": "{REGION} {TITLE_NAME}"
},

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version is out (v1.4.0), get it on Github.
Please let me know what else is missing, and please star this project so others can find it.

Changes:

• Added new tab "missing games" - shows all the games that are not in your local library
  • Ignore missing DLC - added new setting option "ignore_dlc_title_ids" (in settings.json) to specify title ids that you do not wont to appear in the missing DLC tab.
  • Export to CSV - all tables now support exporting to CSV.
  • Support for offline storage location - app no longer scans drives on load, this will allow for quick loading, and when drive locations are offline. You can use the re-scan option (Cmd/Ctr+R) to scan for any new changes. (@kazuki_chan8 - you will like this one)
  • Bug fixes
Known issues:

• Export to CSV will hang for a while in big tables (>1000 entries), the app has not crashed, it will just take 1-2min to prepare the CSV.
    Will improve the performance in a future release.

Reactions: ashven288 and mspy

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thx man!

I found a weird bug that happens when you perform a rescan while you are at a tab different than the LIBRARY tab, it duplicates the list of games you have and shows it on your current tab.

demonXcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Changes:
  • Ignore missing DLC - added new setting option "ignore_dlc_title_ids" (in settings.json) to specify title ids that you do not wont to appear in the missing DLC tab.

How does this work exactly? I was trying to setup several DLCs to ignore (unreleased Smash DLCs). This setting works fine with only one ID, but as soon as I add another, the settings file resets to default and adds a random ID I don't even know in that ignore ID space.

What's the correct settings layout to ignore more than one ID?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you compile the Console only version and what flags do you pass the resulting executable to scan, hard scan and organize?

(Awesome app! Thank you!)

This is really simple actually...including my learning for the benefit of others.

Code:
#diff main.go ../switch-library-manager/main.go
43c43
<     appSettings.GUI = false
---
>     appSettings.GUI = true

Inventory and Organization are done automatically. No flags to pass (see attachments.)

Attachments

• Greenshot 2021-09-06 13.34.17.png
    Greenshot 2021-09-06 13.34.17.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Greenshot 2021-09-06 13.36.25.png
    Greenshot 2021-09-06 13.36.25.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by binkinator,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is definitely some errors in tinfoil database you use
but seems there is no way to report this as blawar ignore message

I fix titledb errors as they are reported. The main problem here is what constitutes an "error", many people think a title that is incorrectly named in some fashion is a titledb error, when this is in fact exactly how nintendo reports it. titledb will not deviate from what nintendo reports, even if it appears wrong to some people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9