Reptar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question but, when I kill my ssh session, will it also kill this process?

If yes, wouldnt it be better to run this with systemd instead so it runs in the background?

Coulsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a dumb question but, when I kill my ssh session, will it also kill this process?

If yes, wouldnt it be better to run this with systemd instead so it runs in the background?

Yes. At least for me it did. Im reasonably noob with ubuntu and tried to get both the server and client to run on boot in a similar fashion to my teamspeak and vnc servers do using the systemd thingo.
I was unsuccessful in doing so and ended up running both the server and client through a terminal in VNC remotely. I still have to relaunch it every reboot though but im sure theres a script or something outside my limited skill set.

Reptar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. At least for me it did. Im reasonably noob with ubuntu and tried to get both the server and client to run on boot in a similar fashion to my teamspeak and vnc servers do using the systemd thingo.
I was unsuccessful in doing so and ended up running both the server and client through a terminal in VNC remotely. I still have to relaunch it every reboot though but im sure theres a script or something outside my limited skill set

Where did you end up getting stuck? I'm a noob also but maybe we can figure it out

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I compiled this for RIPI - and it start's ok, I've put the settings on my switch. Started Mario Kart Delux 8 - what option do you need to see other players - online/wifi/single player etc. I've tried them all but don't see any players - internet one asks me to link my account (not done that).

Reptar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled this for RIPI - and it start's ok, I've put the settings on my switch. Started Mario Kart Delux 8 - what option do you need to see other players - online/wifi/single player etc. I've tried them all but don't see any players - internet one asks me to link my account (not done that).

If you go to http://www.lan-play.com/games you'll see that you need to press certain buttons and lan mode will pop up (last menu item)

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If you go to http://www.lan-play.com/games you'll see that you need to press certain buttons and lan mode will pop up (last menu item)

I've pressed - Press [L] + [R] + [Left Analog-press down] on the main menu screen.

I can see Lan play - 1 or 2 players, I know the server is working fine as I can check to see if I'm connected. On the lan play menu, there's no rooms and when I try and create a room Mario Kart (v14.0), the A button is not highlighted so I can never start my own room.

Last edited by mrdude,

Reptar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pressed - Press [L] + [R] + [Left Analog] on the main menu screen.

Left Analog can be up/down/left/right/press.

None of these bring up a lan game menu for me, can you be more specific as to how to enter a lan game.

Make sure youre doing left bumper + right bumper + left analog click. I initially was doing the triggers instead of the bumpers and couldnt figure out why it wasnt working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If my console has a risk of being banned. Can I use this without risk?

youre going to want to use 90DNS to block out nintendo. Using this alone will not ban (and doesnt talk to nintendo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy