Hardware Switch keeps randomly shutting down

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used Linux on this switch, and have used the HBL only CFW that was released a while ago. Since yesterday, my Switch has been making a popping sound ( i think its the screen) and shutting down. After 30 seconds i can turn it back on. On main menu, it doesn't crash. In every game i have, it will crash. Is this a common issue? What can i do to fix this? also i have only noticed these problems after switching to a sandisk xchd 128 gb card...

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a system reset fix this? Kinda getting pissed off from this. It doesn’t do this when plugged in and charging so I think the battery indicator is fucked
It’s definetly the battery indicator. It’s a problem with all versions of Linux for Switch. You are gonna have to drain the battery completely and then do a full consistent charge to reset battery sensor

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s definetly the battery indicator. It’s a problem with all versions of Linux for Switch. You are gonna have to drain the battery completely and then do a full consistent charge to reset battery sensor
Hmm. What should I do? Turn auto sleep off and leave it on?

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. What should I do? Turn auto sleep off and leave it on?
“If you are having this issue you need to recalibrate the battery. To do this you should drain the battery until the Switch turns itself off entirely, then charge it overnight or at least for 5 hours. This should make the system display the correct charge levels once again.” To do this leave your Switch on in handheld mode till it shuts down

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That usually doesnt work very well or might need a huge amount of cycles which is kinda pointless...

Solution is posted everywhere.

1- Open console;
2- Unplug battery connector;
3- press power button for a few seconds just to make sure it drains all the capacitors electricity;
4- put it all back together and do like 2 full cycles to re-calibrate the switch battery on OS and get the right % of battery.

Reactions: tyler004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up