Gaming Switch keeps freezing for no reason

Noice3dsuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I got this problem already about 4 days but its keeping appearing.
Anytime I use my system it starts freezing. Sometimes after 5 secs, sometime after 1 hr.
It just randomly freezes and then iI need to do an Hard shutdown. I already looked on the official Nintendo support website, but it
doesn't help. My Console is completely unmodded, no CFW nothing. I already tryed Maintaince mode but doesn't work as well.
It started randomly in Super Mario 3d All Stars. There it was still 1-2 Times a day. Now it's 10-30 Times a day. I gave up trying
to do anything at all.
So im asking because i know the website could help me.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got this problem already about 4 days but its keeping appearing.
Anytime I use my system it starts freezing. Sometimes after 5 secs, sometime after 1 hr.
It just randomly freezes and then iI need to do an Hard shutdown. I already looked on the official Nintendo support website, but it
doesn't help. My Console is completely unmodded, no CFW nothing. I already tryed Maintaince mode but doesn't work as well.
It started randomly in Super Mario 3d All Stars. There it was still 1-2 Times a day. Now it's 10-30 Times a day. I gave up trying
to do anything at all.
So im asking because i know the website could help me.

I would almost say it was over heating but if it is somethings doing it 5 secs after boot up its not over heating that fast so new thermal paste will not do the trick, How long have you had the system? It may have over heated one day if you left it on top of a cover and it could not vent and that caused it to mess up some internals, Think of it like the red ring but for switch, If its not covered by nintendo anymore then just buy the tablet off ebay and then sell that one for parts and not working and list that it will not stay on after so long and price it at $100 it should sell without a problem.

Last edited by leerpsp,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the switch for 1 Year now. Now it even happens in the Bois itself which is pretty bad i think.
If its doing it in the Bio's then Id say 100% hardware and Nintendo only covers for 1 year so You can buy a new oled switch when it comes out next month or you can just buy a tablet only switch off ebay and sell the broken one to get some of your money back.

Noice3dsuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If its doing it in the Bio's then Id say 100% hardware and Nintendo only covers for 1 year so You can buy a new oled switch when it comes out next month or you can just buy a tablet only switch off ebay and sell the broken one to get some of your money back.
First, i'm sparing money for a laptop, second 360€ is much. So i just think about it.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, i'm sparing money for a laptop, second 360€ is much. So i just think about it.
sounds like a good plan a laptop is always handy but a switch tablet only (that is without joycons dock and controllers and charger) on ebay is at most 131€

Last edited by leerpsp,

Noice3dsuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UPDATE: System didnt show second boot screen (i didnt show anything after first) so i turned it of an on again, and the BSoD got shown.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: System didnt show second boot screen (i didnt show anything after first) so i turned it of an on again, and the BSoD got shown.
Have you ever dropped your Switch?
That can cause blue screen of death such as the CPU can get detached easily because of lack of corner bond, and that would cause a blue screen of death.
There are other things that can cause it like Using a Third party dock but that is really uncommon but it has happened to people, most uncommon is Unnecessary files so you can try a hard reset on your switch by forcefully shutting it down by holding the power button for 12 seconds and then hold down both volume up and volume down and then press the power button to turn it on and keep holding the volume up and volume down to boot the switch in recovery mode and then click factory settings without deleting save data but it will remove all data except save data like videos,screenshots and your information.
but seeing how your switch would shut down randomly without reason I would say that it is hardware (>Corner bond<) and you should get a new one or used tablet only on ebay for cheap.

Noice3dsuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you ever dropped your Switch?
That can cause blue screen of death such as the CPU can get detached easily because of lack of corner bond, and that would cause a blue screen of death.
There are other things that can cause it like Using a Third party dock but that is really uncommon but it has happened to people, most uncommon is Unnecessary files so you can try a hard reset on your switch by forcefully shutting it down by holding the power button for 12 seconds and then hold down both volume up and volume down and then press the power button to turn it on and keep holding the volume up and volume down to boot the switch in recovery mode and then click factory settings without deleting save data but it will remove all data except save data like videos,screenshots and your information.
but seeing how your switch would shut down randomly without reason I would say that it is hardware (>Corner bond<) and you should get a new one or used tablet only on ebay for cheap.
i threw it on my bed once and my sister dropped it accendentally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE: It seems to be that my SD caused the problems. So i moved eveything, gave up my saves and now im checking the sd for left data.

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i threw it on my bed once and my sister dropped it accendentally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE: It seems to be that my SD caused the problems. So i moved eveything, gave up my saves and now im checking the sd for left data.
Unnecessary files can cause it but if it starts back shortly after then I would start thinking about hardware being the problem.

Noice3dsuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update: Sometimes directly after booting it shows The Bsod. So i think it has to do with the corner bond of the cpu. I gonna send t to repair. Maybe the cpu got unsecured started wobbling and boom. DED.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Sometimes directly after booting it shows The Bsod. So i think it has to do with the corner bond of the cpu. I gonna send t to repair. Maybe the cpu got unsecured started wobbling and boom. DED.
you sending it to nintendo for repair? make sure no mod/hacks or stuff is installed on it.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unmodded. (Forgot to mention) It's a Nintendo switch lite.
Would have been nice to know from the start lol I was telling you to get the tablet only, you would have not had the controllers to play the thing, I know in the past if you were not under warranty with Nintendo it was worth buying one used or new for the price they charged for it to be fixed but some of the time with the old ds/3ds they would fix it for free out of warranty but only once or twice so don't know if that is the case, But as long as you are under warranty it will be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs