Hardware Switch Joycons Not Connecting - Help Please

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Edit; I found out how to fix the problem, my bestie helped me out, saved my butt lmao, basically it wasn't the joycons nor the tablet..rather it was cfw - I do not know nor does my friend know why this occurs but out of the blue cfw makes the connection to wireless mode for the joycons to wireless controller - anything wireless from the sheer looks of it - act up, acting wonky, to making it appear that something wrong with your controllers when that's not it (note; this is only for those who haven't tried this method that I am about to tell you all - if you did and I didn't work then yeah..its sadly your joycons possibly, best to ask for further help or replacing them idk gonna have to contact nintendo which I know it sucks trust me I get it T-T). So to fix this problem is you need to turn off your switch, just get off of cfw mode on your switch to go to vanilla mode, once there go to the setting to reconnect your controllers the wireless ones like you would do - when you click to connect that will fix the issue :")...not gonna lie when my bestie told me this I felt dumbfounded, and just straight up told them like no you doing some magic T o T!! Lol.

So, thank you to those who tried helping me out - seriously ♡♡

Alright, so another one of these, I was gonna give up since there is not point in me continuing on when i couldn't find any help on youtube at all..thought it could be fexible but nope ha...at least i think it can't be, but i will try here to ask the question; does anybody know how to fix joycons that just won't connect when it's off of the tablet? like it started on october of last year i believe or november - one of those months that i realized my switch joycons just don't want to connect while being wireless..heck i even put them on the joycon remote that comes with the nintendo switch but it just will not connect..

i have tried the method that someone on youtube made a video about; first unconnected all of your remotes off off your switch, did that, then turn off your hybrid, place your joycons back on the tablet and put them on dock. then take your joycons off your switch dock, after that connect them to your switch to then turn them back on to work - that didn't work..just flopped, i then did the method in which someone else recommended on the comment sectio below of someone else video who has my problem as well in disconnecting all of your controllers from your switch, reconnecting them again for this case my joycons - did that 5x times and nothing...

i am here begging for help...does anybody know how to fix this annoying issue, and why does this happen with joycons after they have been bought new...i don't want to spend 80$ bloody dollars again; money doesn't grow on damn trees. these were a gift to replace my older ones that had bad joycon drift - this was before the fix even came out. i wanna use them wireless again because i just got the new fit trainer rhythm game - forgot the name of it, but i really wanna enjoy the game..​

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you have a PC/MAC at hand, I would recommend trying to connect the joycons to the PC.
This will at least show you whether they are working wirelessly or not.

Also, is you Switch maybe in airplane mode?
If I'm correct, that also turns off Bluetooth, which is used by the joycons when they are not attached to the Switch.

Just to check, if you detach them and press the little button between the L and R button, do the 4 lights blink?
If none of the lights blink, maybe your batteries have gone bad.
This might happen after a few years.
I had to replace mine too after a 3 years because they would hold no charge.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Shajk00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
try to let the joy cons discharge completely by taking them out of the switch for a couple days then connect them to the switch and see if this works. Otherwise you could keep the syncro button pushed for 10 sec or so maybe it does reset the joy cons

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have a PC/MAC at hand, I would recommend trying to connect the joycons to the PC.

If I'm correct, that also turns off Bluetooth, which is used by the joycons when they are not attached to the Switch.

Just to check, if you detach them and press the little button between the L and R button, do the 4 lights blink?
Okay, I am very sorry for replying to you all super late - I really jacked up my sleeping schedule, so I have been messy anyway, let me reply back now :0!!

Ooh okay that's actually interesting - I will try doing that now buut gotta eat the rest of my meal first ha.

Nope I have it off of airplane mode.

When I detach them off of the tablet - you mean? Nope...when I touch the circle tiny buttons to detach them no light appears o.o. (it still does the sound when I attach them back on so I'm glad that's alive lol)

...the thing is that I only had mines for - now turning 2 years cause I got them in 2020 mid end of the year around it as a gift. Bur dang...if it's the batteries like where the heck is it a good place to replace these things batteries?? Q-Q

try to let the joy cons discharge completely by taking them out of the switch for a couple days then connect them to the switch and see if this works. Otherwise you could keep the syncro button pushed for 10 sec or so maybe it does reset the joy cons

Hmm I may do that as a second option once I check out the pc method.
Ironically I did the synchro button method before :"0!!

DO you happen to have issue with WIFI connection on the switch as well or long time opening the joycon manage page from home page?

I got crappy internet at times like it just spazz out cause my internet provider are a bunch of stingy greedy lazy people that legit does what they want to with the internet without alerting me...at all -_-" so it has been acting up before I realized that I couldn't connect them wireless without being attached to the tablet.

Good question...cause I have been having issues getting it off of rest mode while on homebrew..believe this maybe normal though? Idk..but when I do press the home menu button like 2x it does not wake up the switch, I have to like play with it to wake it up from resting but I only tried this method like twice then since stopped and just went back to holding the power button to try to wake it up(note; it is normal waking up now..but I honestly don't know when it would act off on not wanting to normal wake up from sleep mode). Oh, and It has turned off without me realizing it on rest mode cause I usually do not hold the power button that long while waking it up but now I am forced to play with the little bugger.

It used to work fine too
....ugh I originally had it on my dock without even using it...believe that might have been a terrible mistake? ..I sometimes did like have my power cable off of the dock cause I didn't even touch my switch like that; I legit followed the advise nintendo theirselves gave out..

After making sure that BT is enabled, have you tried to connect a pro controller wirelessly? Or maybe a pair of BT headphones?

It connects my brown cat wireless controller without a problem and connects with my wireless headphones too :0! Thanks for asking this.

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

alright edit the joycons do connect on my laptop without a problem soo..i have no idea what the heck is going on tbh at this point.... ... i will however try to just disconnect them..leave them off...see if that works now.
After making sure that BT is enabled, have you tried to connect a pro controller wirelessly? Or maybe a pair of BT headphones?
DO you happen to have issue with WIFI connection on the switch as well or long time opening the joycon manage page from home page?

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Hey all just wanted to inform you that I fixed the issue ♡

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

basically i have no idea why, but atmosphere makes the wireless connection between the joycons, wireless remote - act up..like it cuts it off :/...i still can't figure out why it does it but now i am stuck just basically turning off my switch to restarting the process of connecting them in my vanilla switch to then going to homebrew and connecting them for the controllers to work once again.

so it's whenever my cfw switch decides to act up..which sadly i..it tends to disconnect the wireless feature a bit more then i assumed, cause i don't use my switch with my wireless controller like that - basically my joycons on handheld mode.
i would have no issues playing my wireless controller on dock mode but handheld ya know awkward lol.

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found a solution to this problem. My joycons werent working so I go into controller and sensors, make sure both joycons are on the switch and then “Disconnect” both. The CFW will reconnect and the joycons works for me when I take it off the console.

Now I can enjoy DS games with my flipgrip :)

- Jesus is my everything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?