1. tasumi123

OP tasumi123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    after accidentally updating the switch while launching an app and having atmosphere and sxos fail to get into their cfw modes,i attempted to reinstall my previous back up but after that was complete my switch just died on me, the battery was at 20 percent but charging, after restoring nand and boot01 and hitting power off, my switch has completely died on me and refuses to respond to any imputs or charges and just stays black, anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions? already tried turning it on with out the card and currently trying charging it for a couple of hours to see if 100% will do anything. please help i want to try and fix this before AC:NH comes out in 63 days:{

Shadow#1 likes this.
  2. tasumi123

OP tasumi123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
  3. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

India
    In my opinion your switch is most likely in auto RCM mode
    try pushing a payload

4. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Sounds like you had updated officially and burn fuses then you downgraded. Also you shouldn't have to nand restore since the latest firmware is supported by latest sx and atmos.

Pokfan1 likes this.
  5. Waicol

Waicol Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    It's definetely fuse incompatibility, try pushing Mattyfrog's payload for bricked switches, it ignores fuse count.

Edit: after that you will boot into clean stock so i recommend you to take out your microsd, boot only once on stock, update through settings and then turn your switch off and push hekate finally so you can do CFW. Also make a new NAND backup for your new fuse count.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  6. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Every custom bootloader ignores fuse count. Booting to Stock is stupid.
    Searching for "black screen" and almost all results from "not booting" will describe your problem.

Get yourself Hekate from github.

Follow the generic RCM steps to recover your switch:
    1. connect the charger (original)
    2. wait 5 seconds
    3. shut it down (12s+ power button)
    4. wait for an hour
    5. connect it to your payload device
    6. push the payload
      • didnt work?
      1. press power
      2. hold power for 12s+
      3. press power
      4. repeat number 6
    Since you restored a backup boot0/1 (why? dont do stupid stuff) you likely cant boot. You have to restore matching boot0/1 and system.

7. tasumi123

OP tasumi123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    i've tried all your steps twice and it didnt work unfortunately, i tried my payload injector and tegra but no rcm device could be found

8. tasumi123

OP tasumi123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    update that you everyone for suggesting various things, i ended up fixing it and all it needed was a bit of time, thank you all kind people on the internet for giving me insite on my fuse count ;)

edit:Problems back ahhhhhh

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - reinstalling, switch, boot01