Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if I am asking in the wrong place. This is starting to hurt my head. Are you guys able to tell me if my switch is patched or not? I would be grateful if someone could tell me, or tell me where to look. I am probably reading the chart wrong, because I think I have read one part of this thread indicated that it was patched, and another part indicated that it wasn't. the first 6 of my serial number is:XAW7000

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
1. The spreadsheet is not my work, please ask @Xplic1T to change it.
2. I need to contact a mod to rename the thread, not really worth the hassle.
3. I will, but XAJ4005 was never confirmed or formally mentioned and it is missing at least one digit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Even if TX is very confident, don't buy a patched Switch until an actual compatible product was released.

Switch Sheet has been updated. Please add (Patched) to firmware level if you have a patched console that makes it harder to get into RCM.

MasterBlast3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bugging you, but I just want to make sure I completely understand. By saying "100% unpatched." you mean I can do the paperclip mod?

You have a console that is not patched so you should be good to use the rmc method. You can hack it to your hearts content my friend.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. I'm very excited to hear this. My wife bought me my switch last month as a surprize gift. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to mod it. I have modded just about every game system that could be modded ever since the XBOX (original) days. I work at home repairing game system, and other electronics, but mostly game system. So you can imagine how much it killed me repairing peoples switch's, but not having one myself. I just ordered my usb c cable from Amazon. Again, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

marteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Serial: XAJ400371
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: EU (Germany)
Firmware: 4.0.1
Color option: Grey
Store: MediaMarkt
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: July 2018
Fusée Gelée works: No

TegraRcmSmash Result with biskeydump:
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 76328, total size: 142544, total padded size: 143360)...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0002 byte SETUP request!

What confuses me is that on the back of the Switch it says: Made in China 2017?! Only tested it via TegraRcmSmash on a Mac via Parallels (Win10).

Salduchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... How many switches were made for launch? I have a launch Switch with a
XAW100028xxxxx serial. So almost 3 million. But there are many XAJ Switches from launch too. I believe there are XAW4's and XAW7's too. So are the numbers really consecutive? Or do one of the number digits perhaps stand for something else? It seems many more than 3 million Switches were made for launch

gnilwob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Serial: XAJ70043335XXX
Region: Asia
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Neon
Store: Local Store in Thailand
Fusée Gelée works: Yes

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Serial: XAJ400371
Region: EU (Germany)
Firmware: 4.0.1
Color option: Grey
Store: MediaMarkt
Fusée Gelée works: No

TegraRcmSmash Result with biskeydump:
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 76328, total size: 142544, total padded size: 143360)...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0002 byte SETUP request!

What confuses me is that on the back of the Switch it says: Made in China 2017?! Only tested it via TegraRcmSmash on a Mac via Parallels (Win10).

Uhoh thats bad. Got my 4.0.1 at Mediamarkt too, it has XAJ40030. I get my SX Pro tomorrow, will check then. I hope this isn‘t recalled and patched hardware or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: