Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so gonna wait when i get it
You might be jumping the gun. Before buying a modchip, test the fusée gelée exploit (enter RCM and push a payload). If the Switch is unpatched, it's pretty useless, not to mention risky, to install a modchip, especially if you're unexperienced. The first post of this thread has a link for a tutorial on how to test.

Flammer99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You might be jumping the gun. Before buying a modchip, test the fusée gelée exploit (enter RCM and push a payload). If the Switch is unpatched, it's pretty useless, not to mention risky, to install a modchip, especially if you're unexperienced. The first post of this thread has a link for a tutorial on how to test.
okokyeah planned to do this
Post automatically merged:

guys i searched smt online and i found that IF is patched is possible ot use rp2040 as modchip but here starts my doubt. Heard pps that used it without soldering wtf?

Last edited by Flammer99,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
guys i searched smt online and i found that IF is patched is possible ot use rp2040 as modchip but here starts my doubt. Heard pps that used it without soldering wtf?
Dude...a third time now. Before you buy a chip, do the test. As stated above, it is risky. Especially when you're inexperienced. The site tells you a possibility that your console could be patched. But isn't to 100 percent sure. That means, you have to try it yourself. Test the exploit man...

Flammer99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dude...a third time now. Before you buy a chip, do the test. As stated above, it is risky. Especially when you're inexperienced. The site tells you a possibility that your console could be patched. But isn't to 100 percent sure. That means, you have to try it yourself. Test the exploit man...
yeye was just askin dw

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dang. Found a XAW40012 reasonably close for $140 with mint screen. Got all excited as the serial checking sites were in the green, but came here and it's in the orange. The person selling is not tech savvy enough to test sending a payload. I just can't do $140 down the drain if I drove the 2 hr round trip, got it home, and it ended up being patched. :(

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang. Found a XAW40012 reasonably close for $140 with mint screen. Got all excited as the serial checking sites were in the green, but came here and it's in the orange. The person selling is not tech savvy enough to test sending a payload. I just can't do $140 down the drain if I drove the 2 hr round trip, got it home, and it ended up being patched. :(
Pick up a jig and if you have an android, use a USB c to usb c cable and try pushing the payload when you get it before the other party leaves.

Reactions: BigOnYa

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pick up a jig and if you have an android, use a USB c to usb c cable and try pushing the payload when you get it before the other party leaves.

It is patched, seem like he already tried.

I don't know if it was patched. I didn't want to drive a 2 hr round trip to possibly find out it was. If I start doing that, I'd be driving somewhere every other day looking at "possibly patched" consoles. I'll just keep holding out for something in the green. I can always get one from Japan on eBay too, for $140. That way I'd have a 30-60 day return policy depending on seller. eBay buyer protection. And also the option for a 1 or 2 year protection plan on it. Which sounds like the far smarter thing to do anyway. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it was patched. I didn't want to drive a 2 hr round trip to possibly find out it was. If I start doing that, I'd be driving somewhere every other day looking at "possibly patched" consoles. I'll just keep holding out for something in the green. I can always get one from Japan on eBay too, for $140. That way I'd have a 30-60 day return policy depending on seller. eBay buyer protection. And also the option for a 1 or 2 year protection plan on it. Which sounds like the far smarter thing to do anyway. :)

Just buy a 100% unpatched

bap2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an XAW4001249, didn't have high hopes since it's pretty far into the "definitely patched" territory but the test payload was successful on it! I may just be exceedingly lucky having an unpatched one with such a high serial, but just shows the ranges are not always 100% concrete.

Flammer99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wdy
I have an XAW4001249, didn't have high hopes since it's pretty far into the "definitely patched" territory but the test payload was successful on it! I may just be exceedingly lucky having an unpatched one with such a high serial, but just shows the ranges are not always 100% concrete.
so my chances are getting bigger hope when i get home to succesfully inject payload on my xaj400487

Kadirt7s

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Man...the first page tells you everything. This is in the "possibly patched" range. So...you have to push a payload to the console.
Bro I asked if anyone closer to mine has tried it. I will eventually try it after my jig arrives. I‘m curious because most posts include that XAW1010XXXXXX is patched.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Bro I asked if anyone closer to mine has tried it. I will eventually try it after my jig arrives. I‘m curious because most posts include that XAW1010XXXXXX is patched.
Then that's how it is. The consoles could be patched. But they could also not be. It always depends. The higher the serial number, the higher the probability that the console is patched. And especially xaw101 numbers are very high.

Kadirt7s

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Then that's how it is. The consoles could be patched. But they could also not be. It always depends. The higher the serial number, the higher the probability that the console is patched. And especially xaw101 numbers are very high.
So there is a possibility even though it’s so minimal since the serial is among the potentially patched then there must have been reports of unpatched in-between, am I right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol