RELEASE Switch Homebrew Appstore

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by pwsincd, Jan 1, 2018.

1. [3rd]Wael

[3rd]Wael Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    France
    You may wanna check your internet settings on your switch if you are in 3.0.0, at some point you lose the connection to your local router.
    I just had to reconnect to it and then I was OK.

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Although this sounds like l good idea in the first place it might become pointless once Atmosphère is out but who knows.

3. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Fair enough

4. Joel16

Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    I would prefer if my homebrews weren't used in this. Simply because I like to keep track of downloads and what not. Unless you guys can redirect to the Github's latest release link or something and instead of re-uploading every single release. Also my name is Joel16, capital J, not 'joel16' lol.

5. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Appstore, what a complete garbage name. This will be dead by 2019.

Pip'

6. vgmoose

vgmoose GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    The app store master is based on nop90's old sdl1 port which has been removed but not yet replaced. Pacman only has an SDL2 package. Ironically, I was originally using SDL2 but switched to SDL1 since that was the only package available at the time.

I made a new branch for the SDL2 port here: https://github.com/vgmoose/appstorenx/tree/sdl2 (also contains an updated readme for what to install with Pacman). However... it's not drawing graphics/text yet (even on PC, it's not) and I haven't had time to investigate why it's not working. If you're going to move forward, I would recommend helping getting the SDL2 port working, as that's a better solution than using SDL1 (plus libtransistor also supports SDL2).

For more info see this issue: https://github.com/vgmoose/appstorenx/issues/6 If you do end up using the old sdl1 code, you might have to downgrade the libnx/devkitA64 versions as well.

I'm interested in this, but I feel like it may not be necessary in the future. Which apps do you know don't work on the latest firmware? (and we can make a note of it, or try to update them).

lordelan likes this.
  7. vgmoose

vgmoose GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    We can't do this because unless the binaries are rehosted, the developer might take down the download. In addition to this, the developer would also have to package their app in a compatible format for unpacking and updating on the Switch. You can see the wiki page here for more on why I use the format I use: https://github.com/vgmoose/get/wiki/Overview-&-Glossary

If you really want the apps removed we can remove it out of respect, but since you're releasing an open source GPLv3 app I would wonder why this should be an issue </3. Of course I understand the desire to have download tracking, and that is something we are also hoping to provide soon. If you want them gone, they're gone. I'd ask that you'd read this post first though. (also as for your name, we got the app off your github where your name is lowercase (but can certainly fix that)).

[​IMG]

Wii U app store has been running strong 2 years. I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon, and even if I do go somewhere, all of the code is completely open source and can be picked up by anyone else at any given time. <3

8. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    That fanmade Zelda game and snake for sure don't work.

9. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    zelda work portable snake work docked n portable on 3.0

10. MYFW

MYFW GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2014
    It would be possible to upload our homebrew to nx app store?

11. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Is it safe to connect to internet while running HB? Could you get banned by nintendo with internet connection active?

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    1) No
    2) Yes

13. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    that's the point, it's NOT safe using switch freeshop. My thought that to prevent Switch from nintendo's ban hammer is not connect it to the internet at all. And one more reason to create a Freeshop for pc version instead of this.

Then why we should use this appstore? to get us screwed as much as possible?

14. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    This is exactly what I needed to see. TY

15. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    appstore works as web front end also... if your concerned over connecting to the net .. then use a PC and the web version.

16. iMythD

iMythD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    so... i have the HBMenu app, which I can boot into..
    I have the HB App store files in my /switch folder... but it doesn't seem to find any of the .nro files? Version 5.1.0 - is that my issue?

17. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    hbmenu isnt finding your nro's ? or appstore isnt ?? can you clarify please.

18. iMythD

iMythD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    HBMenu isn't finding any NRO's, including appstore, checkpoint etc.

19. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    things to verify , sd card is formatted for FAT32 use guiformat ... and make sure apps are in SD://switch/<app>

20. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2002
    United States
    Michigan
    Are you writing the files using a mac? I had a similar issue when writing the sdcard files with my mac. It worked when I switched to PC. This was on exFAT.