Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by EpicLPer, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Arch Feline

Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    United States
    I did zip my rawnand.bin and put it on google drive but I still have it on my laptop. I tried to copy it off to a spare sdxc and I got the message that it cannot be copied without loosing properties. This card is the same brand and size as the original. I should be able to copy it intact, right? What do I use to copy it off my laptop and onto the spare?

SDXC cards are both formatted as exfat and WIN10 is up to date. This has been reported as an issue on old builds of WIN10 but mine is up to date. Maybe I should just dump the nand again?

Last edited by Arch Feline, Feb 3, 2019
  2. AlbusGellert

AlbusGellert Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    should I update it to version7.0.0?

3. Paperjin

Paperjin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2017
    United States
    ... Like... Now?

4. FellDragonGrima

FellDragonGrima GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    United States
    Usually I try and wait to hear other’s input first before I update. Who knows if you’ll be able to Homebrew or not after if you DO update? I don’t take those risks.

5. Paperjin

Paperjin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2017
    United States
    I was referring to his question... I would never just update until I know for sure it's working. That's just dumb

6. FellDragonGrima

FellDragonGrima GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    United States
    Oh. My bad. Lol. I didn’t know what you meant at first

Paperjin likes this.
  7. Arch Feline

Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    United States
    Thinking maybe I should repost instead of editing my previous post?

I did zip my rawnand.bin and put it on google drive but I still have it on my laptop. I tried to copy it off to a spare sdxc and I got the message that it cannot be copied without loosing properties. This card is the same brand and size as the original. I should be able to copy it intact, right? What do I use to copy it off my laptop and onto the spare?

SDXC cards are both formatted as exfat and WIN10 is up to date. This has been reported as an issue on old builds of WIN10 but mine is up to date. Maybe I should just dump the nand again?

8. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    So I came up with an idea for someone to make a PCB that instead of having mounting balls bracket for an EMMC NAND it will have the balls that will fit a chip that is more commonly found in iPhones and ipads. This will let us use larger capacity that are not yet found in emmc and MicroSD. Just a thought Idk how hard it would be to pull off.

9. ext23

ext23 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    I hope somebody can help me. I was using Atmosphere and ChoiDujour to update to 7.0.1 and updated Atmosphere to 0.8.5. It booted at first but all my software was corrupted. Figured it was an exFAT issue (my SD card is exFAT) so I reinstalled the 7.0.1 with exFAT support. Tried to reboot and now I constantly get stuck at the Nintendo logo. Same problem if I try to boot into latest ReiNX. Have tried copying the Kosmos files again and using different payloads but it just keeps going black after the Nintendo logo. I tried deleting the /sept files as per the Atmosphere 0.8.4 release notes to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas?

I DO have a NAND backup of my OFW but I'd rather not go all the way back to square one.

10. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    i had read on the reinx page that you must erase the reinx.bin from the sd root in order to boot, maybe its that.

11. Dominator211

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    What is the current status of doom 3 port. And is there a nro i can convert to nsp?

12. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    There is already a port of this game and it's expansion, both play well

13. Dominator211

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Is there work to make it run smoother. And is there a .nro

14. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    I can't get Pokemon AshGray to run on both MGBA and VBA-Next cores on Retroarch. It loads the game but then just crashes to black. Any fix for this? It works on any emulator on PC.

15. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Tried other roms or gbatemp emulator alone?

16. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    Yeah tried others but seems to have the same issue. And what's the gbatemp emulator?

17. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Lol sorry, I wanted to say vbanext

18. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
  19. Astragon

Astragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    So still no sort of "easy" homebrew access option yet? I only want to hack talismans in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, nothing more. CFW does not interest me.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Its about as easy as PegaSwitch. But that is only usable on firmwares 3.0 and below. Plus, since Fusee Gelee is a much better exploit both in terms of setup and power, no one uses PegaSwitch.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted