Gaming Switch getting good third party support

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when the switch first came out that many naysayers were saying it would fail. Their main argument for that was the lack of third party support. And while many third party games were already announced back then, they still weren't accepting of it because it was "not AAA" or "last gen port". But with this Direct shown today we are starting to see third party AAA support, even with current gen titles.
Specifically, Doom was announced to be coming to switch. Not retro doom, Doom 2016, a current gen AAA title. Just as I and many others believed, the AAA third party devs are starting to become interested in the switch. Why? Because games sell well on switch. Devs will always go where there is money to be had. And although the switch started with not much AAA third party support, as time passes we are seeing more and more support for the console because games sell extremely well on the system. And if Doom does well, we will most definitely see even more devs start to jump into the switch.

So with that said, what AAA third party games are you most hopeful for getting a switch release?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still naysaying.

But keep closing your eyes and make believing if that makes you feel better while you clutch a dusty brick 2 years from now hoping for a release.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DOOM4 was one of the few third-party AAA games I wanted to see on Switch. The rest are mostly Dark Souls games and Bayonetta games (if those count). Rocket League I think counts as indie, but that's definitely one I wanted which is already covered, along with Enter the Gungeon and Stardew Valley. I'd say Switch is doing pretty well with third parties based on the release schedule, it might not be everyone's ideal line-up, but as a primarily PC gamer I think they're covering all the right bases. The appeal of having all these games in a portable is massive, which is why Nintendo already can't keep Switch on shelves even though many of these games haven't been released yet.

Also Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is looking great, when I was pretty iffy on that one from early footage. Octopath Traveler I'll have to play the demo for and get back to you, but I love the mixed aesthetic.

Last edited by Xzi,

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still naysaying.

But keep closing your eyes and make believing if that makes you feel better while you clutch a dusty brick 2 years from now hoping for a release.

We get it, you hate the Switch. But you have to add Doom, Wolfenstein II and L.A. Noire to the list in your signature now. ;)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
We get it, you hate the Switch. But you have to add Doom, Wolfenstein II and L.A. Noire to the list in your signature now. ;)
well la noire is a last gen port to ps4,xb1 and switch, so maybe it doesnt count but doom and wolfensetin will count for sure, alsi i bet it wont take much time to get AC or COD on the switch once they see the games are actualy selling or not.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't have to do anything to because people acting like 12 year olds want pretend last gen bargain bin titles are current triple A titles, they aren't.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be testing the waters, but it's still exciting. I can't wait to play Doom on the go. I'll have a 5 hour break between two of my classes next semester, and I'll be pretty stoked to fill that time with some DOOM.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Since the direct that happened yesterday.
I never knew this but yes I have just googled it and read myself! Wow I cannot wait. I wonder how it will play on the switch and surely its not going to look or play anywhere near as good as the PS4 Pro or XboxOne or a PC version.

Shit, it does look rather impressive to me. Comparison screens between the big three and in fact in some shots it does look better than the PS & Xbox versions, really!:- http://wccftech.com/doom-nintendo-switch-vs-ps4/

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still better than the Wii U had for support.

Right. I am glad that there are few AAA supporting games on Switch. The closer 3rd party support are into Nintendo Switch and the better chance for us to finally getting a Nintendo Switch sooner than we thought. It is still remain to be seen. I will keep my eyes on AAA 3rd party support before I make my serious decision. :)

I just want to be careful because I dont have Nintendo Wii U and I almost bought Wii U when Wii U first released but I didnt. Therefore, I am glad because i didnt bought Wii U due to poorly 3rd party. Nintendo Switch seems much
better than Wii U this time. I will cross my fingers because I really want Nintendo Switch so badly but I also want to have stronger AAA 3rd party as well. I want to be wiser this time.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

s0ula55a551n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still fells like a AC Black Flag on Wii U situation to me. Think they have sold more switches than Wii u though so might be money for studios to port their work. Wait and see, still not bought one. Got Zelda for Wii u, as one game didn't justify it to me when own 3ds.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still fells like a AC Black Flag on Wii U situation to me. Think they have sold more switches than Wii u though so might be money for studios to port their work. Wait and see, still not bought one. Got Zelda for Wii u, as one game didn't justify it to me when own 3ds.
mario odissey comes out ina bit over a month, and you got mario+rabbids wich is a preety damn fun and splatoon 2 also, the switch is getting more and more worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1