Switch firmware update 10.0.0 released, adds button remapping, allows you to move game data to SD

switch.jpg

A system software update is available, would you like to update now? Nintendo put out a new firmware version for the Nintendo Switch today, adding a bit more than the typical stability we're used to. Version 10.0.0 brings some new features to the system, including the ability to remap your controllers and save custom layouts for Joy-Cons, Switch Pro Controllers, and the Switch Lite buttons. There's also a new section in the system settings that lets you toggle displaying your play data to others, or deleting it outright. Those that want to spice up their profile icons can do so, with six new Animal Crossing: New Horizons images that have been added. Another useful feature in 10.0.0 also allows users to transfer games from their system storage to a micro SD card, or the other way around. This works for game data, updates, and DLC, but it does not work for transferring save files to an SD.

Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.

• A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
  • An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
  • News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.

Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.

• Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
  • Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.

Added an option to remap the controller buttons.

• Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
  • Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
    • Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
    • Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
    • This feature is not available for other controllers.
    • On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.

Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.

• The options for "Display play activity to:" and "Delete Play Activity" have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.

Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.

• Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

EDIT: Atmosphere users can expect a new update by the end of today.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the SNES, Nintendo's L and R have always been the ones on the rim of the controller - thinking about it it's the GC that's the exception!
That's a good point but I think the GameCube controller was well received enough to not permutate into the button naming on the switch like this. It's enough keeping right and left straight add other letters it's another ballgame.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do come out with some crazy stuff lol If mario kart 8 was on ps4 same graphics performance etc it would sell mor than any other racer

I doubt it because of the audience Mario Kart 8 is more of an arcade racer since it doesn't have a campaign. I remember when people shamed GT PSP because it lacked a campaign more.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And so, with this update, the cycle of Nintendo with boomer logic continues. I really believe we won't even get netflix on the switch ever. All in the name of preventing those evil homebrew hackers (while providing no better services that homebrew provides).
Just curious, how hard would it be for a Home Brew hacker to actually port Netflix to Switch?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt it because of the audience Mario Kart 8 is more of an arcade racer since it doesn't have a campaign. I remember when people shamed GT PSP because it lacked a campaign more.
It does hav a campaign 4 cups actually - are you pissed :lol:

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my days of hacking or exploiting systems are just about over. I never really played any systems I've exploited, other than the wii u. it gets kinda boring after a while. if one of my systems fails or I get banned, I probably will buy another but leave it unhacked. it just doesn't seem to be worth the frustration trying to keep everything in good working order and unbanned.

with that being said, the switch is the only system I play new games on, and I've gone all digital, so I'll run out of space eventually.

Yeah, after spending heaven knows how long trying to get everything working on Flycast until recently, I grew tired of trying to run L4T-Ubuntu when there's a pretty consistent stream of updates that require a reflash and setting things back up again. Other than MVC2 not being full speed atm even with OC, Flycast on HorizonArch runs just about everything fine now. I haven't been able to run anything NAOMI or Atomiswave, but honestly, I'm not gonna lose hair over not being able to play Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Melty Blood Anime FG Subtitle Here, and Metal Slug 6.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cool, they're starting to catch up, and it only took 3 years this time.

Maybe next year they'll rediscover what anti-aliasing is.

Kamiya-san hates AA....

...and now I'm blocked.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well gee, its about time you can mode data to and from the sd card. As for sd card space or i should say, lack there of, a smart person needs to create a sd card emulator so u can use a hard drive plugged in to the sd card slot. It would work like the floppy drive emulators

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I wanted is.
Faster game installation speed and achievement system.
Since installing games download is extremally slow even using WiFi 5G and system of achievements would give more fun and challenge to games.

After saw situation with PS4's trophies, many gamers become very obsessed with trophies and made massive requests for saves related to trophies, so if you want 100% save so your request will be ignored as they focus on trophies obsessively by make save sets that usually don't have 100% or specific request. Make matter worse, PS4 saves have to resign via paid software - Save Wizard that has ultimate decision to support advanced editing but they disabled the editing for many recent games and you have to use advanced editing to do re-region the save, so those situation annoyed me and that caused chaos too.

It is my wish to not have achievement nor trophies on Switch due incident with PS4's trophies.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are Doom Eternal, The Outer Worlds, and Trials of Mana if not new AAA games? I didn't say every single new AAA game is on Switch, but the support from third-party devs is still much improved compared to Nintendo's last two consoles. The more units it sells, the more third-party support it will continue to gain. With how scalable most game engines are these days, I can guarantee even a number of PS5 and XBSX games will be ported to Switch.

For what it's worth, Trials of Mana looks like a game that could've been on PSP years ago. Graphics remind me of Ys 7.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those 4 cups doesn't count you can clear it under 20 mins. I like Mario Kart but to me it's only a handheld game
20 mins lol show us the way do a livestream on max cc and all cups - even if took a few days its still a campaign and calling it handheld game are you saying crash team racing is also handheld:lol:yr view on what's what is mor stupid than people saying thers no need for a ps5 for a few years :lol:

Reactions: MartianMSK
Trophies
XP
Servers are slammed since everybody is home and they're all trying to update at the same time.

If this lets me remap the dpad of 8bitdo's SF30Pro to movement in Smash, I'm going to be so damn happy. Switch recognizes it as a Pro Controller, so it might be possible.
Unfortunately not. You can only map a stick to another stick.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20 mins lol show us the way do a livestream on max cc and all cups - even if took a few days its still a campaign and calling it handheld game are you saying crash team racing is also handheld:lol:yr view on what's what is mor stupid than people saying thers no need for a ps5 for a few years :lol:

I still don't know what you are talking about... There are 12 cups in the game and it takes 20 minutes to beat each cup you can beat all under 5 hours that isn't a campaign those cups are not even locked they give all of them to you so it doesn't matter which one you play.

There is no need to get a PS5 now or even a Scarlet now it's okay to wait they still going to support the current gen for a good 2 years.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no need to get a PS5 now or even a Scarlet now it's okay to wait they still going to support the current gen for a good 2 years.
I'm not gonna reply to anymor stupidity as I'm trying to play FF7 remake or is tht a handheld game to :lol:

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna reply to anymor stupidity as I'm trying to play FF7 remake or is tht a handheld game to :lol:

FF7 has always been over hyped/overrated I played it on PS1 it was okay but it wasn't the best game ever. (My opinion) I just dont know why they praise this game being action RPG but they dragged FF15 in the ground (for being action RPG).

Waiting for a next gen console for a few years isnt wrong especially if you have tons of backlog unless you like buying things and never finishing older games.

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout