Switch DS games without switching consoles

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Link5084, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    http://kotaku.com/5313042/switch-ds-games-...tching-consoles

Here's a nice compromise between the legality of using only legitimate DS cartridges and the (albeit less legal) convenience of having multiple games on the one cart: a device that lets you switch between legitimate cartridges.

This is the Blaze 3-in-1 Game Selector, and while it looks a little clunky, it makes up in handiness what it lacks in attractiveness. Working like a switchbox, the device replicates the cartridge slot of your DS and clips to the back of your handheld, allowing you to insert three DS carts at once. A small lead then runs from the device to your DS's actual cart slot, and you change games by flipping a small switch on the top of the unit.

The 3-in-1 Game Selector runs for about $13, and if you're stuck playing DS game in a spot where it's inconvenient to keep bending down and rummaging through your bag to change a game (standing on the subway?), that's not a bad price.

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    the idea is great but ill stick with flashcarts so will everyone else [​IMG] but still pretty nice

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    But imagine it with three flashcarts!

4. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    LOL at their comments:
    "Now I can fit in three r4's! "
    "Or, you could attach a 3-in-1 selector to each of the 3 slots, and then you could fit 9 R4s"

5. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    yeah i wonder if it would really work it probably would but wouldnt it make ur ds heavier and you would look strange playing in public

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    That just looks bad and very clunky. Are people really getting that lazy that they find it too much effort to switch out a cartidge...

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    i doubt the weight would be much more, ds games are quite light. but theres notmuch point in having 3 flashcarts. good for official carts though. although i wont be buying one, i dont think its that much hassle just to change the game cart.

8. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada

one of my firend s gets his 5year old sis to eject the disk from his wii and put it in a box and turn the wii off when ever hs done

but i don see the point of this you can buy a flashcart and still be legal byy only playing what you own

9. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    /offtopic
    More on flashcarts:
    Official Nintendo sites say that even if you have the game, you can't still download. You have to backup your own game.
    Said that in case some body does not know [​IMG]

10. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada

yeah guess ur right but its not as bad as just downaloding all the games you want liek us tempers [​IMG]

11. Velveteer

Member Velveteer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I had one of these for the GBA SP. Ugly, although it was quite solid and gave the console some mass to hold it by, which made it feel nice. Then I got a G6. [​IMG]

This would really weigh down the screen. No thanks.

12. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Using this might increase chances of a broken hinge.
    Since I already have a broken hinge, if I decided to use this, my screen would fall off for sure.

13. Santee

Member Santee JalapeƱo

United States
    [​IMG] You beat me to it but if they made a lite version a year after they start selling it then I could just switch only the microsd if it doesn't work on one of my flashcarts [​IMG] .