kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
In handheld mode that is. I played in RomFS around for days and everything was fine. Always used Airplane mode in CFW. Today I rebooted to Stock (I'm using AutoRCM) and the left Joycon doesn't get recognised anymore in handheld mode. It does work in wireless mode. Things I tried:

Resync with that small button and reboot/power cycle
Disconnect the controller in the system settings and reboot/power cycle
Uninstalled AutoRCM and reboot/power cycle

Any idea?

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you damaged the joycon rail. Don't stick random shit in the joycon rail like a lot of people here tell you to do. It's dumb and will just lead to this.

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Have you checked the inside of your joy con? Also, what mods have you do to the joy-con?
No mods to the Joycon. I haven't checked the inside yet. I will probably do that as a last resort tho.

Sounds like you damaged the joycon rail. Don't stick random shit in the joycon rail like a lot of people here tell you to do. It's dumb and will just lead to this.
Left Joycon. I didn't stick anything in the rail.

Reactions: 210modz

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
It still sounds like a damaged JoyCon rail though, either in the Switch itself or in the JoyCon
I do actually suspect that but it's so weird that it worked before I rebooted. I didn't disconnected the joycons while doing that. Oh well.

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has happened to me before and i know it doesn't help but mine eventually just started working again after a while, i don't know what it was that made it work again, i was using other joycons and a few days later i retried my seemingly not working left joycon and it started working.

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
This has happened to me before and i know it doesn't help but mine eventually just started working again after a while, i don't know what it was that made it work again, i was using other joycons and a few days later i retried my seemingly not working left joycon and it started working.
Did yours work in wireless mode? Mine does, just not in handheld mode.

Ian2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did yours work in wireless mode? Mine does, just not in handheld mode.

Did you use the tinfoil method and leave the tinfoil piece on the right one? Mine Constantly jumps back and forth between handheld and wireless between the two controllers if I leave the tinfoil piece in there.

Tapri

Forum Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen to me last week (except i havent touched cfw on my switch yet). Turned it on from sleep mode and left joycon wouldn't work, even said if wasnt connecting in the settings when attached but worked fine detached. Try hard rebooting, that worked for me.

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Did you use the tinfoil method and leave the tinfoil piece on the right one? Mine Constantly jumps back and forth between handheld and wireless between the two controllers if I leave the tinfoil piece in there.
No, I never used tinfoil or anything other than my 3d printed jig. Even that one I haven't used in a while since I use AutoRCM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had this happen to me last week (except i havent touched cfw on my switch yet). Turned it on from sleep mode and left joycon wouldn't work, even said if wasnt connecting in the settings when attached but worked fine detached. Try hard rebooting, that worked for me.
Holding power until it shuts down, right? Already done that numerous times. :(

cyris69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My right one no longer does I assume due to the 3d printed jig but thankfully the console still charges it. Also it seems like sx os joycon pin shorter is using different pin locations so I hope I can get into RCM without replacing the entire rail.

MFSGameplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My right one no longer does I assume due to the 3d printed jig but thankfully the console still charges it. Also it seems like sx os joycon pin shorter is using different pin locations so I hope I can get into RCM without replacing the entire rail.
It's because of the jig, My left joy con doesn't makes that sound when you connect the joy con to the switch anymore. But It still works great. So, I don't care for that sound anyways, and I do have a right rail replacement, so I guess I'll wait until It's fully broken? They're easy to replace by the way, I have done the left side, that broken off because I forgot that it was unscrewed. LOL

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In handheld mode that is. I played in RomFS around for days and everything was fine. Always used Airplane mode in CFW. Today I rebooted to Stock (I'm using AutoRCM) and the left Joycon doesn't get recognised anymore in handheld mode. It does work in wireless mode. Things I tried:

Resync with that small button and reboot/power cycle
Disconnect the controller in the system settings and reboot/power cycle
Uninstalled AutoRCM and reboot/power cycle

Any idea?
I had that problem before CFW, just resync the joycon without restarting the console and problem fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr