Hacking Question Switch doesnt get recognized by PC

Krushx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, my switch doesn't get recognized by my pc when i try to inject a payload.
It's newly repaired, they changed the m92t36 chip cause the old one was crisp.
I got another switch in my reach, my girlfriend's one, that instantly gets recognized in rcm.
Is another thing on my mainboard crisp? Did they not change the chip properly?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well just so you know, the ipatched unit can also go into rcm its just that they cannot accept a payload. The screen stays blank.
So the switch not being detected is something else like maybe use a shorter usb cable (yes it works sometimes) or maybe something wrong with the port itself or drivers maybe

Krushx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like i said, works well with another switch.
And i didnt say in start post, but my one is unpatched, thats the reason i wanted it to be repaired instead of "yeah, i'll just buy a new one"

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Like i said, works well with another switch.
And i didnt say in start post, but my one is unpatched, thats the reason i wanted it to be repaired instead of "yeah, i'll just buy a new one"
well you do know that many times when you send it for repair, they replace unpatched units with a patched one (This has been reported by many)

Last edited by Budsixz,

Krushx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well you do know that many times when you send it for repair, they replace unpatched units with a patched one (This has been reported by many)
Yeah, thats why i let it do at a repair shop, they really just switched the m92t36 chip.

Krushx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aftrer some more tests my usb port seems to be broken, it's charging, but i dont get a HDMI signal when its in the dock. Will try to see if i can send a payload with a rcm loader, just have to wait for it to arrive. If that also doesnt work, is there a way to send a payload without using the usb c port?

Krushx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another update: Connected the switch to an android smartphone in hope to push the payload with rekado, the phone detects the switch, but refuses to switch to file transfer mode, it just keeps in reverse loading mode, means the phone tries to charge the switch.

TheDukeflied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Another update: Connected the switch to an android smartphone in hope to push the payload with rekado, the phone detects the switch, but refuses to switch to file transfer mode, it just keeps in reverse loading mode, means the phone tries to charge the switch.
Did you find out what is going on, I have the same thing with a new Switch with low serial key (Unpatched)

TheDukeflied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Nothing yet, even tried it with a rcm loader one, seems to be my usb port, charging works but nothing else.
Same here, I will try and have a look at the board and do some testing soon, I will let you know, because it might be the IC not te port, when you use a 3rd party USB C cable this might happen

Krushx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some nice guy on discord tried to reproduce that error and narrowed it down to the chip slightly above the usb port, i'll get it replaced soon and be sure to get you guys updated.

Coreinsaity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP from the other thread linked above.

This is interesting, I have pretty much the same issue. I bought mine on ebay, which I'm thinking was a mistake now. I can charge it but it won't get picked up in RCM on any PC. Yet I can turn around and get my patched switch no problem. I didn't think to try it in the dock, though.

I'd love to know if you're able to get this fixed and how, I have a new one coming (I RMA'd it.) If it has the same issue, I'm up in the air between trying to fix it myself or seeing if I can just get a refund. Leaning pretty heavily towards refund.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: