Homebrew RELEASE Switch Cheats Updater - Update your cheat files from your Switch

chaxelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid I don't know that happened. It's unlikely (if not impossible) to have been caused by my homebrew. It just puts .txt files in a few folders. I'm guessing deleting your atmosphere folder and putting a new one in should do the trick, but you're better off asking on the Edizon thread/discord, or perhaps the cheats thread
found the problem, its the system.ini that i edited directly on my switch to disable cheats. i copied the one you attached and now its working. thank you!

ngoctung91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Come to say thank you again @Homlet. However, it seems that your homebrew somehow automatically changes the system.ini, which causing cheats being auto active. I'm not sure it's all abt your hb, though whenever I try to update cheats, my system.ini always be edited. May you please take it a look?

Z3nZ3s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Come to say thank you again @Homlet. However, it seems that your homebrew somehow automatically changes the system.ini, which causing cheats being auto active. I'm not sure it's all abt your hb, though whenever I try to update cheats, my system.ini always be edited. May you please take it a look?
I don't have that issue, and I've been using @Homlet HB since he first released it. May be you have another HB app changing things around?

I know that Kosmo's Updater used to change my .inis some times even when I said no to change those.

Last edited by Z3nZ3s,

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird as his hb only puts in cheat files downloaded into the respected folders.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As the others have said, and you can see for yourself in the source code, it doesn't change inis. It just extracts .txt cheat files to /atmosphere/<tid>/cheats. Besides, there is no .ini file in the archive I'm pulling cheats from either. I'm not sure what causes your issue but it's unlikely (impossible) that it's my homebrew

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: ngoctung91

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've kept my Switch completely offline starting around 3.x firmware. If this cheat tool requires online connectivity in order to update the database, what do you recommend in order to have internet connection without having official updates and such get downloaded to the Switch?

Sorry, if this is an obvious for many, but like I said, i'm always offline once I got SX, and never play anything online ever. Thanks!

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've kept my Switch completely offline starting around 3.x firmware. If this cheat tool requires online connectivity in order to update the database, what do you recommend in order to have internet connection without having official updates and such get downloaded to the Switch?

Sorry, if this is an obvious for many, but like I said, i'm always offline once I got SX, and never play anything online ever. Thanks!
You can use incognito (or stealth mode for SXOS) and/or 90dns. I personally use both because I'm paranoid, but one of the two *should* be enough. You should read up on those two

Reactions: Bonovox40

ngoctung91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thank you guys, I will test again to see what causes the problem.

Update: I found the matter and realized I'm such an idiot. Of course it's not because of your hb, so sorry and thank you again for your masterpiece @Homlet

Last edited by ngoctung91,

Denitorious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Homlet, thanks for your great work!

One question:

I checked the cheat lists that were downloaded for AC:NH and some of them do not appear in the cheat list.
Your downloader included this one (and a couple others), but it doesn't appear in the cheat list when I have the game running.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-1-1-4-1-1-4a-cheats-list.561920/

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

One question:

I checked the cheat lists that were downloaded for AC:NH and some of them do not appear in the cheat list.
Your downloader included this one (and a couple others), but it doesn't appear in the cheat list when I have the game running.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-1-1-4-1-1-4a-cheats-list.561920/

I'm not sure I understand correctly. My homebrew fetches cheats from here : https://gbatemp.net/download/cheat-codes-sxos-and-ams-main-cheat-file-updated.36311/
Do the AC cheats from that archive exist in the AC contents folder? If so, my homebrew did its job.
Which CFW are you using and which AC update are you running? Can you use cheats for other games?

Oteresk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on v1.1.6, but I haven't been able to get it to work at all. Whenever I select any of the options, I'm met with "The software was closed because an error occured". Any fix for this? Running on 9.1.0 and AMS 0.10.5

deusversus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew loads but if I press A, L + A, or X it goes to an all black screen indefinitely. (on SX OS 2.9.5 & FW 10.0.1)

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The homebrew loads but if I press A, L + A, or X it goes to an all black screen indefinitely. (on SX OS 2.9.5 & FW 10.0.1)
I'm not sure what it could be. I don't use SXOS and I'm on FW 9.1. If you're willing to help me debug it, you can message me @Simple#8155. Also make sure you're using 1.1.6 earlier version didn't play well with sxos

Currently on v1.1.6, but I haven't been able to get it to work at all. Whenever I select any of the options, I'm met with "The software was closed because an error occured". Any fix for this? Running on 9.1.0 and AMS 0.10.5
That's odd. I'm on 9.1 AMS 10.4 and it works fine on my machine. Feel free to message me @Simple#8155 on discord, I'll try to understand

SOLVED: dmnt:cht was not running, causing my homebrew to think it was running on SXOS. Might change the way the cfw is detected if others are facing the same issue

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ya descargué e instale Edizon pero me sale un mensaje cuando hago clic en el juego the witcher 3 " no config for this game was found. Editing is disabled." Como puedo cambiar esto.
Desde ya muchas gracias.
Deberías preguntarle a la gente de Edizon

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: Z3nZ3s

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried it out and though i haven't played past checking if cheat exist, but seems to work on sxos 9.1
(retro reloaded)
Q: will i have to keep checking resource for update, or will codes just update from server? i understand that new features and such would require a resource update, but just for codes themselves

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just tried it out and though i haven't played past checking if cheat exist, but seems to work on sxos 9.1
(retro reloaded)
Q: will i have to keep checking resource for update, or will codes just update from server? i understand that new features and such would require a resource update, but just for codes themselves
Code themselves are updated server side, you can keep on using the current version of the app. I linked the source of the codes in the first post

Wildflower330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One question:

-------
Same issue. Did you get it resolved?

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On SXOS 2.9.5 FW 10.0.2 and I too get the black screen trying to use this. Works perfectly on Atmosphere 0.12 though.

xSpencer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this when I first got my switch hacked a couple of days ago but when I updated my cheat files they were all on automatically (flying, etc.) Is there a way to toggle them without uninstalling

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: 40*