Karichi1919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SOLVED: Fuse mismatch

I have a nintendo switch that was updated to 17.0.0 in sysnand, it can no longer boot OFW but it will boot CFW in SysNand and EmuMMC.

This is how hekate_ipl.ini was setup:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
noticker=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

What could I do to fix this? I don't have a backup for this. I only have the keys, and automatic backups (BISKEYS, PRODINFO). I just did a BOOT0, BOOT1, and GPP backup just in case while it's in this state, though I don't have those from when it was working. I was thinking of running the factory reset script and see if it would start working again.

Last edited by Karichi1919,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a nintendo switch that was updated to 17.0.0 in sysnand, it can no longer boot OFW but it will boot CFW in SysNand and EmuMMC.

This is how hekate_ipl.ini was setup:

What could I do to fix this? I don't have a backup for this. I only have the keys, and automatic backups (BISKEYS, PRODINFO). I just did a BOOT0, BOOT1, and GPP backup just in case while it's in this state, though I don't have those from when it was working. I was thinking of running the factory reset script and see if it would start working again.

Add this to your hekate.ipl

[(Stock)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

Karichi1919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To clarify, rebooting to OFW via reboot option or pressing the power button will just get me a black screen.

Also, wouldn't that only allow booting from hekate? Is there a way to fix regular power-on too? Keep in mind the sysnand on this switch is completely nuclearized, I'll need to definitely reset it before attempting connections to official servers. Would that stock option be safe for online play?

EDIT: By nuclearized I mean that somebody pirated lots of games and installed them directly on the sysnand.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, rebooting to OFW via reboot option or pressing the power button will just get me a black screen.

Also, wouldn't that only allow booting from hekate? Is there a way to fix regular power-on too? Keep in mind the sysnand on this switch is completely nuclearized, I'll need to definitely reset it before attempting connections to official servers. Would that stock option be safe for online play?

EDIT: By nuclearized I mean that somebody pirated lots of games and installed them directly on the sysnand.

OFW and Sysnand CFW share the same NAND, if you get a black screen then it mean there is something wrong with your NAND. If you installed pirated content on Sysnand then you won't be able to go online without restoring a clean NAND backup, if you don't have a clean NAND backup, then you won't be able to go back online for online play.

Karichi1919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My goal was to use Haku33's script for a full factory reset. Then I wanted to work on getting it working again in regular ofw without using hekate. After that I'd just make an emummc off of the now fixed nand.

Would that be possible?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My goal was to use Haku33's script for a full factory reset. Then I wanted to work on getting it working again in regular ofw without using hekate. After that I'd just make an emummc off of the now fixed nand.

Would that be possible?

Haku33 won't prevent a ban, if you installed pirated games on sysnand then you got a dirty nand, going online would get you ban.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Karichi1919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haku33 won't prevent a ban, if you installed pirated games on sysnand then you got a dirty nand, going online would get you ban.
I've been hearing lots of claims that Haku33 actually does prevent bans. I might follow this advice and drop this in the end, but let's assume I wanted to somehow get it back to working order and we pretended that Haku33's script actually does prevent bans, how would I do that without having original clean boot0, boot1, and GPP backups? Is there a way to rebuild a clean nand off of my dirty kinda broken nand backup?

Could this all boil down to a corrupt prodinfo which maybe I could restore?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been hearing lots of claims that Haku33 actually does prevent bans. I might follow this advice and drop this in the end, but let's assume I wanted to somehow get it back to working order and we pretended that Haku33's script actually does prevent bans, how would I do that without having original clean boot0, boot1, and GPP backups? Is there a way to rebuild a clean nand off of my dirty kinda broken nand backup?

If you have a clean nand backup that is always the suggested choice nomatter what.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What firmware is that boot0/boot1 and raw gpp from? Firmware 17.0.x has fuse count of 19.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's on 17.0.0 and has 19 fuses

With you current situation you may as well leave it as it is if it boot sysnand cfw since you don't have a clean Nand backup.

If the stock boot option I gave early doesn't boot then there is something wrong with your stock Horizon OS.

Karichi1919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With you current situation you may as well leave it as it is if it boot sysnand cfw since you don't have a clean Nand backup.

If the stock boot option I gave early doesn't boot then there is something wrong with your stock Horizon OS.
Stock option you gave me is working fine. However I just realized something. I see that version is actually 16.1.0, and yet it has 19 fuses burnt. It's probably literally failing the fuse checks? How can I update the sysnand properly to at least 17.0.0?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stock option you gave me is working fine. However I just realized something. I see that version is actually 16.1.0, and yet it has 19 fuses burnt. It's probably literally failing the fuse checks? How can I update the sysnand properly to at least 17.0.0?

It explains why it won't boot, 16.1.0 expected fuse count is 18, since you don't have a clean nand, use darthsternie firmware and daybreak to update your firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle