Switch Battery drain issue

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My switch battery drains very fast in sleep mode where it goes from 100 to 0 within a day.

This has never happened before and it used to drain 3% on sleep mode a day.

This happened at the time my switch heat went up like crazy. So it said that my switch is overheated and goes on sleep mode.
When this happened, I looked at the temperature through Edizon and it goes from 31 to 50 in temperature which is ridiculously high.

Has anyone sorted this issue before or is it fan and thermal paste issue?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch battery drains very fast in sleep mode where it goes from 100 to 0 within a day.

This has never happened before and it used to drain 3% on sleep mode a day.

This happened at the time my switch heat went up like crazy. So it said that my switch is overheated and goes on sleep mode.
When this happened, I looked at the temperature through Edizon and it goes from 31 to 50 in temperature which is ridiculously high.

Has anyone sorted this issue before or is it fan and thermal paste issue?
Using AutoRCM node?

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having a similar thing, at first I thought it was a sysmodule but after switching them all off it is still happening.
I will try a clean install next to see if that changes anything.

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did a clean install and checked the battery drainage (took the opportunity to also change my eMMC partitions :) )

OFW -> no drain
clean CFW -> no drain
So I will be gradually adding stuff to see when it starts so we can see what is the cause.

Reactions: Tu40k

Tu40k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a clean install and checked the battery drainage (took the opportunity to also change my eMMC partitions :) )

OFW -> no drain
clean CFW -> no drain
So I will be gradually adding stuff to see when it starts so we can see what is the cause.
Super curious to see what you find. I have noticed the same. I may need to check the differences between wifi on/off between ofw and cfw as well, as I find the battery drain on cfw is MUCH better when in airplane mode as one would expect. Perhaps there is an app that uses wifi connectivity constantly on the cfw side?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same problem a year or so ago. Solved it with using the airplane mode & rebooting the console after using an app (like ftp or whatever app you're using). Fixed the problem with that. I'm also using a grip with a build in powerbank that triples my battery. That also helps a bit with the normal battery drain.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a similar thing, at first I thought it was a sysmodule but after switching them all off it is still happening.
I will try a clean install next to see if that changes anything.
What do you mean clean install?
You remove the homebrew and reinstalled again?

For me I have a massive overheating problem.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So guys.
I got my switch in for repair.
For some reason. The switch is now dead and it is the board is completely dead which is more internal.

I can only hope to get it replaced and get an unpatched switch.

I feel like this is wrong. Also I got no warranty.

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean clean install?
You remove the homebrew and reinstalled again?

For me I have a massive overheating problem.
Welll remove everything and start over, that is what I meant. So recreate emuMMC from scratch as in my case running OFW did not have the problem so it had something to do with the CFW install.
But your heat problem seems A LOT more severe than what others (including me) are having.

Reading your last post it seems more hardware related from the start in your case.

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, my problem wasn't in the CFW installation after all, but rather one of the homebrew applications.
As soon as I started using switch-time battery drain went from 1% in a few hours to about 2% in ten minutes, and the Switch was getting warm.
The only way I could get it back to normal was by resetting to factory defaults.
I tried the option within switch-time to set it back to normal but that didnt help.
Trying to set the NTP back with QuickNTP didn't help either, so I went the factory defaults way, and installed everything as it was, except switch time.

Can someone confirm the same behaviour?
And does anyone have a neat way to keep using switch-time (or and alternative) and keeping the battery drain as normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong