Hacking Question Switch Bans

Slimeboy16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that certain Switch’s are getting banned for running hombrew... So I am extremely nervous about hacking my switch as I have a lot of online progress. I was wondering how the ban happens what gets banned and if running ur own switchs backups is safe.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that certain Switch’s are getting banned for running hombrew... So I am extremely nervous about hacking my switch as I have a lot of online progress. I was wondering how the ban happens what gets banned and if running ur own switchs backups is safe.
You probably will be banned if you go online, if you like having Nintendo online, I wouldn't mod the system, if you get banned you can do everything but play online, even if they are your own backups, it's not safe, what you can do is make a nand backup immediately, then immediately enable airplane mode, NEVER kill off airplane mode (this means no online games), then when you want you can restore your system with the original backup, and you probably (no guarantee) won't be banned. Restoreing would erase all games you've installed and save files. Really in the end you'd probably be better off buying another switch if you gotta have online, a restore takes over an hr (that might've gotten faster recently) also I've heard it's not a good idea to be restoreing often.

(I'm pretty sure there's a pinned thread for this.)

Reactions: Raiden_Wins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.