Hacking Switch 4.1.0

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just brought me a switch 2 day. Very cheap. I wanna run cfw . Should I update or just go with the hack. Just checking before i proceed.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just brought me a switch 2 day. Very cheap. I wanna run cfw . Should I update or just go with the hack. Just checking before i proceed.
You should test an RCM payload first to make sure it's vulnerable, even though it's second-hand. Some new 4.1.0 systems are not.

As for whether or not to update, that depends on if you care about future exploits that don't require RCM and use the web browser instead. If you don't care about future exploits, go ahead and update after you're sure RCM payloads work. If you do care about future exploits for 4.1.0, you shouldn't update, or you should update without burning your efuses, but that requires that you install AutoRCM.

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This what I have on screen which 1 do I back up and I don't see full raw band dump anywhere
20180726_155637.jpg

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This what I have on screen which 1 do I back up and I don't see full raw band dump anywhere View attachment 137247
For a complete backup, you need to backup both the BOOT0/1 and the RAW GPP.

Alternatively, if you want to save some time and space, you really only need the BOOT0/1 and the eMMC SYS. This is the same as a complete backup, except it skips the optional USER partition (your personal settings, files, etc.).

Edit: The USER partition is very big, even if you dont have anything, so a lot of people skip it. Compressing your backups can save a lot of space if you don't have any games installed to your internal storage.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: darrin41

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Alternatively, if you want to save some time and space, you really only need the BOOT0/1 and the eMMC SYS. This is the same as a complete backup, except it skips the optional USER partition (your personal settings, files, etc.).

Edit: The USER partition is very big, even if you dont have anything, so a lot of people skip it. Compressing your backups can save a lot of space if you don't have any games installed to your internal storage.

Is the RAW GPP a file called rawnand.bin that's about 30gb?

disence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, RAW GPP also includes the user partition, which is unnecessary for me, and it would only be enough for me to make a copy of BOOT0 / 1 and the eMMC SYS to have a full backup?

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, RAW GPP also includes the user partition, which is unnecessary for me, and it would only be enough for me to make a copy of BOOT0 / 1 and the eMMC SYS to have a full backup?
if I was u . I would get a full dump. Don't sale yourself short.its nothing but a little of your time.

Reactions: disence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    why did you do that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down
  • T @ Texasauras:
    admonish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, fixed it?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, kiss and make better?