Hacking Switch 4.1.0 to 7.01

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new, low serial number (not-patched) switch on 4.1.0. I was considering what to do with respect to homebrew and backing up by current NAND. Is there any reason to keep a copy of the previous NAND or any reason to no just update to the newest version including burning the fuse? Looking on the forums it seems that I can always jig in to RCM and use fusee to put a CFW on it. Is there any reason to keep an outdated firmware on the switch?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have a new, low serial number (not-patched) switch on 4.1.0. I was considering what to do with respect to homebrew and backing up by current NAND. Is there any reason to keep a copy of the previous NAND or any reason to no just update to the newest version including burning the fuse? Looking on the forums it seems that I can always jig in to RCM and use fusee to put a CFW on it. Is there any reason to keep an outdated firmware on the switch?
Always keep a backup of your nand. If you ever want to downgrade to low firmware, you should keep it.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you update the firmware and burn fuses, is there any reason to keep on original nand copy?
No, but you should only burn fuses if you never ever wanna go back. Keep the backup until the update is finished and if everything works fine create a new backup of the new firmware an store it. (I mean you could keep the old backup but if you would restore it, you can only boot with custom payload)

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that seems to coincide with my understanding of how it works. Am I correct in thinking that all homebrew options now work with 7.0.1?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 3.0.0 but update to 6.2.0 with ChoiNX so I can downgrade to lower FW anytime I want to. A cold boot in the future is confirmed to work up to 4.1 and can be made to work on 6.0.1 somewhat. I would recommended update to 7.0.1 with ChoiNX to be safe if you want to.

Again, its your Switch and you can do whatever you want.. Update officially harmless. For me, I wouldn't recommended that if you are SO into hacking and if you don't care then go ahead. Dont crying back to us if you wish to downgrade. :)
Warmboot is possible on 4.x+. Untethered coldboot is only theoretically possible on <=3.0.1

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Gordifas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm back to report a problem when i want to install nsp games i have this error"an error with nca signature failed proceded by caution..."
I would like to know if it's the version of tinfoil or a problem of keys.

I used this version that azoreseuropa posted

Download it and replace it:

tinfoil-883e3bd.zip 2018-10-27 02:45 8.4 MB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators