1. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Is it possible to have two micro sd cards for one Switch? One with kids games on then one with adults games on?

I think all installed games would show still but not play if the correct card isn't it?

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    i would wager as long as everything else is set up identical on the card, this should work

3. justmiiplaynwii

justmiiplaynwii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2018
    Germany
    Yeah, it will work perfectly.

It is even intended by nintendo to use several SD cards. If you buy a case for the Nintendo Switch it has place for 2 SD cards

4. Legendre

Legendre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2017
    Venezuela
    I have 3 SD Cards

N1• to “Adult Games”
    N2• to “Party/Kids Games”
    N3• to use Homebrew like RetroNX with Fat32

So yes, it’s possible.

5. Gpro1

Gpro1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2018
    United States
    The only issue I've seen is if you have installed games to internal nand, some of those games can get corrupted if u switch to an SD card that has a different Nintendo folder setup.

However, the games that have installed to SD card seem to work fine. Everything shows up on home screen, but games not on current SD show up as available in cloud. And when you swap SD cards, the opposite games show up as available in cloud.

Just be careful if you have games installed to internal nand, they may get corrupted. Unless you know which folders in "Nintendo" folder to copy on to both cards.

If anyone has come across this and knows why else it may be happening, or how to prevent it, let me know...

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    In short:
    • Yes, you can use multiple SD cards with a Switch.
    • You must power off your Switch before swapping SD cards.

peteruk likes this.