Hacking Question Swapping from Hekate to ReiNX?

ChanAnthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So currently on my sd card, I have old Hekate files with a bunch of games installed if that matters.

I would like to switch to ReiNX.

1. Would I have to reinstall every game again if I were to perform the switch?

2. What files can I remove from Hekate that won't be needed anymore?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hekate is NOT a CFW, it's a bootloader. What you are currently loading is, most likely, Atmosphere. If you want to use ReiNX use this https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases it's the most up to date version of every file you need

I assume you're installing the games onto your SD card correct? If so, as long as you don't remove the Nintendo folder, the game will still be there

Reactions: tomGER

ChanAnthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is NOT a CFW, it's a bootloader. What you are currently loading is, most likely, Atmosphere. If you want to use ReiNX use this https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases it's the most up to date version of every file you need

I assume you're installing the games onto your SD card correct? If so, as long as you don't remove the Nintendo folder, the game will still be there

Oh ok. Thank you for this advice. So I can just drag and drop the folders from ReiNX onto my sd card and there won't be any issues if I inject ReiNX payload?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh ok. Thank you for this advice. So I can just drag and drop the folders from ReiNX onto my sd card and there won't be any issues if I inject ReiNX payload?

Yes, as those are the most up to date files. Just keep in mind, you're still going to use Hekate to load ReiNX so don't get rid of it

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very good guide but what does
  • Display games you are playing on Discord as Rich Presence Applications
mean?
Together with the Client.exe from its repo, you can show your currently played game as your discord status with its icon and all that fancy stuff. Its pretty cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...