Question Swapping from Hekate to ReiNX?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ChanAnthony, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ChanAnthony
    OP

ChanAnthony Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2018
    United States
    So currently on my sd card, I have old Hekate files with a bunch of games installed if that matters.

I would like to switch to ReiNX.

1. Would I have to reinstall every game again if I were to perform the switch?

2. What files can I remove from Hekate that won't be needed anymore?

2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Hekate is NOT a CFW, it's a bootloader. What you are currently loading is, most likely, Atmosphere. If you want to use ReiNX use this https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases it's the most up to date version of every file you need

I assume you're installing the games onto your SD card correct? If so, as long as you don't remove the Nintendo folder, the game will still be there

tomGER likes this.
  3. ChanAnthony
    OP

ChanAnthony Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2018
    United States
    Oh ok. Thank you for this advice. So I can just drag and drop the folders from ReiNX onto my sd card and there won't be any issues if I inject ReiNX payload?

4. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Yes, as those are the most up to date files. Just keep in mind, you're still going to use Hekate to load ReiNX so don't get rid of it

5. Kilim

Kilim ReiNX Official Dad™

May 14, 2017
    United States
    if you haven't already seen it, there's a reinx guide for installation as well with all the files on it

/obligatoryguideshill

6. tomGER

tomGER GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    if you haven't already seen it, there's a SDFiles guide for installation as well with all the files on it (ReiNX and Atmosphere) ;^)

lordelan likes this.
  7. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Very good guide but what does
    • Display games you are playing on Discord as Rich Presence Applications
    mean?

8. tomGER

tomGER GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    Together with the Client.exe from its repo, you can show your currently played game as your discord status with its icon and all that fancy stuff. Its pretty cool.

9. Kilim

Kilim ReiNX Official Dad™

May 14, 2017
    United States
    I REPLIED FIRST THIS ONES MINE

tomGER likes this.