PS1/2 Swap magic

Yatashi Strife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo i recently found out what swap magic is and i wanna
know if should buy the newest version for my PS2 slim or get an older version of swap magic?

Valdure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A softmod which requires special disks to install anyways. Granted the ones suggested in your tutorial work but Swapmagic is simpler to use and useful for the few odd games that don't work with ESR or HDLoader.

If you can get your hands on any of the following disks: Codebreaker, Action Replay Max (you must have the max media player which is sometimes included), or Swapmagic then you should be able to install FreeMCBoot just fine.

You want to use FreeMCBoot because it allows you to boot games and homebrew through the Memory Card without having to swap discs all the time.

There are two versions of swapmagic. Version 3.6 has perfect compatibility and is usually cheaper. Version 3.8 breaks compatibility with a good amount of games in order to allow you to use cheats. I think there are better ways to cheat once you install FreeMCBoot but I'm not sure since I never really use cheats.

Here is an index of tutorials regarding FreeMCBoot.

Here is the guide for preparing Swapmagic for FMCB.

And Here is the Noobie guide for installing FMCB once your disc is prepared.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Valdure said:
but Swapmagic is simpler to use and useful for the few odd games that don't work with ESR or HDLoader.
I would NEVER, EVER tell anyone to get SwapMagic. It costs to much, hard to find and its a PAIN to use!!! If you REALLY want to use something like that go softmod your PS2 and use CogSwap (its the same as SwapMagic).

At first it FREE_MC_BOOT LOOKS harder but it isn't, the steps to getting it up are harder but once you get it on you DON'T HAVE TO SWAP DISKS ANYMORE!

SwapMagic = R4
FREE_MC_BOOT = CycloDS

Yatashi Strife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help and the only reason i want swap magic is because someone already showed me ho to setup the ps2 for swap magic + its not that bad. as long s it can play backup im good

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with playallday. It's pretty easy to softmod, unless you completely suck at pushing buttons like me. And swapping gets annoying after a while

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Valdure said:
but Swapmagic is simpler to use and useful for the few odd games that don't work with ESR or HDLoader.
I would NEVER, EVER tell anyone to get SwapMagic. It costs to much, hard to find and its a PAIN to use!!! If you REALLY want to use something like that go softmod your PS2 and use CogSwap (its the same as SwapMagic).

At first it FREE_MC_BOOT LOOKS harder but it isn't, the steps to getting it up are harder but once you get it on you DON'T HAVE TO SWAP DISKS ANYMORE!

SwapMagic = R4
FREE_MC_BOOT = CycloDS

Swap Magic really isn't that bad. It's not TEH DEVIL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: