Hacking Swap Magic type program for Wii

ihatexams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that the Ps2 has a swap magic which allows you to run backups on unmodded ps2 by swapping CD, does the wii have similar program?

malsuk

Trophies
XP
Country
ihatexams said:
I know that the Ps2 has a swap magic which allows you to run backups on unmodded ps2 by swapping CD, does the wii have similar program?

Fella if you had taken a little time and effort and searched on this forum your question would have been answered.

The only thing that can be run on a unmodded Wii is homebrew.
All you need is an original The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess game, twilight hack (download) and an Sd card.
more info with what you need to do is available on this forum.

ihatexams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
malsuk said:
ihatexams said:

Fella if you had taken a little time and effort and searched on this forum your question would have been answered.

The only thing that can be run on a unmodded Wii is homebrew.
All you need is an original The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess game, twilight hack (download) and an Sd card.
more info with what you need to do is available on this forum.
Hi thanks I know but it was a theoretical question. Am getting a chipped wii anyways.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:
Well.... It COULD be posiple. Remember Gecko Freeloader. Make that without freeloader and press it on discs then it would work on unmodded wii's.

No, no, no, no, no.

As far as I've been told, disc verification is handled by the drive, and the drive will always reject burnt discs.

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
superrob said:
Well.... It COULD be posiple. Remember Gecko Freeloader. Make that without freeloader and press it on discs then it would work on unmodded wii's.

No, no, no, no, no.

As far as I've been told, disc verification is handled by the drive, and the drive will always reject burnt discs.

If you change the OS at the boot, you can skip the verification... can't you ? I mean like GCOS on gamecube, launched via PSO+BBA hack or DATEL maxdrive pro (softmod)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the PS2 Swap Magic fooled the DVD drive into believing it was still closed, so it used the verification on the Swap Magic to verify the burned disks. This is also the same way Sega Saturn backups are run. There is no way to fool the DVD drive on the Wii to believe it is closed, since it is a slot loading drive not a tray or one that opens at the top.

ihatexams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
underpressure116 said:
And the PS2 Swap Magic fooled the DVD drive into believing it was still closed, so it used the verification on the Swap Magic to verify the burned disks. This is also the same way Sega Saturn backups are run. There is no way to fool the DVD drive on the Wii to believe it is closed, since it is a slot loading drive not a tray or one that opens at the top.
Yea true, I think your right.

randreach454

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be sweet for people afraid of opening and soldering a chip in their wii's.. Like I was way back when, when I had a PS2..
I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P