Hacking Swap Magic type program for Wii

ihatexams

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
76
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Loidis
XP
63
Country
I know that the Ps2 has a swap magic which allows you to run backups on unmodded ps2 by swapping CD, does the wii have similar program?
 

malsuk

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
121
Trophies
0
Age
48
Location
Essex, UK
XP
278
Country
ihatexams said:
I know that the Ps2 has a swap magic which allows you to run backups on unmodded ps2 by swapping CD, does the wii have similar program?

Fella if you had taken a little time and effort and searched on this forum your question would have been answered.

The only thing that can be run on a unmodded Wii is homebrew.
All you need is an original The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess game, twilight hack (download) and an Sd card.
more info with what you need to do is available on this forum.
 

ihatexams

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
76
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Loidis
XP
63
Country
malsuk said:
ihatexams said:
I know that the Ps2 has a swap magic which allows you to run backups on unmodded ps2 by swapping CD, does the wii have similar program?

Fella if you had taken a little time and effort and searched on this forum your question would have been answered.

The only thing that can be run on a unmodded Wii is homebrew.
All you need is an original The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess game, twilight hack (download) and an Sd card.
more info with what you need to do is available on this forum.
Hi thanks I know but it was a theoretical question. Am getting a chipped wii anyways.
 

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
2,835
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
England land
XP
148
Country
superrob said:
Well.... It COULD be posiple. Remember Gecko Freeloader. Make that without freeloader and press it on discs then it would work on unmodded wii's.

No, no, no, no, no.

As far as I've been told, disc verification is handled by the drive, and the drive will always reject burnt discs.
 

mattlouf

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
219
Trophies
0
Location
Earth
Website
Visit site
XP
96
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
superrob said:
Well.... It COULD be posiple. Remember Gecko Freeloader. Make that without freeloader and press it on discs then it would work on unmodded wii's.

No, no, no, no, no.

As far as I've been told, disc verification is handled by the drive, and the drive will always reject burnt discs.

If you change the OS at the boot, you can skip the verification... can't you ? I mean like GCOS on gamecube, launched via PSO+BBA hack or DATEL maxdrive pro (softmod)
 

Beware

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
1,108
Trophies
0
XP
522
Country
United States
And the PS2 Swap Magic fooled the DVD drive into believing it was still closed, so it used the verification on the Swap Magic to verify the burned disks. This is also the same way Sega Saturn backups are run. There is no way to fool the DVD drive on the Wii to believe it is closed, since it is a slot loading drive not a tray or one that opens at the top.
 

ihatexams

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
76
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Loidis
XP
63
Country
underpressure116 said:
And the PS2 Swap Magic fooled the DVD drive into believing it was still closed, so it used the verification on the Swap Magic to verify the burned disks. This is also the same way Sega Saturn backups are run. There is no way to fool the DVD drive on the Wii to believe it is closed, since it is a slot loading drive not a tray or one that opens at the top.
Yea true, I think your right.
 

randreach454

New Member
Newbie
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
2
Trophies
0
XP
179
Country
United States
That would be sweet for people afraid of opening and soldering a chip in their wii's.. Like I was way back when, when I had a PS2..
I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen though.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So now it's killer weed lol