Hacking SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does anyone has a clue how to rename the channel title, when I open 00000000.app in a HEX editor I see this line "D.K. C.o.u.n.t.r.y..2 " a couple of times
It seems that this is the channel name can someone confirm if this is the channel name? if yes do i need to rename the all?

it from offset 00000080 to 000002A0

CODEIMET..........‚À..>...Ǩ.....D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2....
.........................................................D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2..
...........................................................D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2...
..........................................................D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2......
.......................................................D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2..........
...................................................D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2..............
...............................................D.K. .C.o.u.n.t.r.y. .2....................

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that in a minute. Has anyone run wadtool on Crus'n USA? I'm getting 8 output .des or .app files out of it, and I'm thinking the rom is spread between the 5.app and maybe 7.app? I don't know but the injector told me the rom was to large to inject, but I know they were the same size.

Tried with the old bfgr wadtools and still nothing. It's got to be something stupidly simple I'm missing.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nightstalker said:
Willemoke said:
Okay, when I start injectuwad, it all go's well, it askes me if i want to inject after a while, I type in Y, then it starts wadpacker, but that only says, USAGE : ticket_file etc.
as you can see here

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6538/helpxv5.jpg

what am i doing wrong? A wad has been made, called vc-southpark.z64, but when I instal this wad, pokemon snap still boots.

Help? Sorry for beïng a total noob.
Delete the wadpacker.exe your using now.

Download http://rapidshare.com/files/109948573/wadp....00007.rar.html

Put that in your folder and rename wadpacker.exe

Then it should work fine. Problem is you were using bfgr's wadpacker which is wrong.

Done that, no I get a 4kb .wad file.

naamlooskm0.png

It's in the freaking directory! It's there! But it just keeps giving me this error:(

Davy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm that Mario Allstars works perfect!
Now only we should change the name and picture of the game?!?!?!?!?

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Davy32 said:

wow, that is great. Well, you probably have seen in this topic that a lot of us are having problems getting this to work, including myself. I had a problem with the common key not being found, but after I put it in the .wii folder (named common-key, NOT common-key.bin) in c:\documents and settings\administrator\.wii and also placed in a temp folder (names as common-key.bin) where I extracted all the tools (wadtools, injectuwad and bfgr_wadtools_v039a (of which wadpacker.exe is replaced by the one of Kiki v 0,00007) I get no longer an error report regarding common-key not found.

So i tried to inject different SNEs roms, for instance Super Mario Kart (E), but I always end up with a wad file of 5 or 6 kb!!

The one thing that is good about this is that other people also have this problem.

So please, could you, or someone else, write a detailed How To, because I tried everything I know of, and am now stuck with a lot of frustration.

Thanks in advance

djblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
retroguy said:
Davy32 said:

wow, that is great. Well, you probably have seen in this topic that a lot of us are having problems getting this to work, including myself. I had a problem with the common key not being found, but after I put it in the .wii folder (named common-key, NOT common-key.bin) in c:\documents and settings\administrator\.wii and also placed in a temp folder (names as common-key.bin) where I extracted all the tools (wadtools, injectuwad and bfgr_wadtools_v039a (of which wadpacker.exe is replaced by the one of Kiki v 0,00007) I get no longer an error report regarding common-key not found.

So i tried to inject different SNEs roms, for instance Super Mario Kart (E), but I always end up with a wad file of 5 or 6 kb!!

The one thing that is good about this is that other people also have this problem.

So please, could you, or someone else, write a detailed How To, because I tried everything I know of, and am now stuck with a lot of frustration.

Thanks in advance
Yeah i would like a detailed tutorial or even a youtube video because this is really complicated

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Willemoke said:
Done that, no I get a 4kb .wad file.

naamlooskm0.png

It's in the freaking directory! It's there! But it just keeps giving me this error:(
PM me for key download link.

Put the "common-key" (without .bin) in a "C:\Documents and Settings\\.wii\" folder.
To create a ".wii" folder you need to create a folder name "wii" then open a command prompt in the "" folder and type "rename wii .wii".
That should work....

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanas, put the wadtool in de directory of the other tools, the error you have comes from a missing wadtool.exe (v1.0)
a link is available in a previous post.

grtz
Sigma

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hate2.gif
This is really starting to get on my nerves.

Finally got a title.wad made that fits the right size, but of course it won´t install. Again the -4100 error.

Went back and installed the original .wad (sin and punishment)

Put the title.wad back on the sd card, and guess what! Yes!, it uninstalled the original .wad perfectly. I mean WTF!

Also if I use the wadpackers that use the .bin extension for the common-key, the resulting .wad is a tad too large, and won´t install.

Wadpackers that use common-key as a file result in the right size, but still won´t install.

Damn!.... Runs off to bang head against the wall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh