svdt save import issue

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Rod227, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Rod227
    OP

Rod227 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2011
    France
    Hi guys,

How can I import a save file previously exported in 2016 with svdt, with another homebrew like JKSVM or Checkpoint ?
    Checkpoint doesn't see anything else than what's already in the 3DS.

Can't boot svdt to do it anymore.

Any ideas ? I'd really like to recover that save.

svdt format :

/game name/date_time/.dat files

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Well u might be fucked if u can't run the app it was created with and I think your the first to have this problem with this

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, the "decrypted format" is just the contents of the encrypted save (.sav format), and is equal for all save managers (save_manager, svdt, savedatafiler, checkpoint, jksv, fuse-3ds, ...)

The only difference is the path where different save managers load and save them from - if in doubt, simply backup the existing save (you did run the app and create a save, right?) and find what you just backed up on the SD :)

Rod227 likes this.
  4. Rod227
    OP

Rod227 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2011
    France
    Yeah, I can't run it because I get that message ""This homebrew exploit does not have support for launching applications under target titles. Please use a different exploit", there's no CIA and nobody did a mod for it so it's outdated.

Ok thanks, I'll try and create a save backup of another game/save and see what's the path they use. I'll try with Jksv first since Checkpoint seem to have a different format from what I've seen. :unsure:

5. Rod227
    OP

Rod227 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2011
    France
    So I just tried with both Checkpoint and JKSV and huh, no luck.

Checkpoint sees my saves and can export them but when I go to the saves folders, the games folders are there but there's no files in it so I don't know what's up with that.
    But Checkpoint do see my ACNL save I wanna recover when I push X to see export data, the thing is I can't push R to import.
    Anyway, I tried to export another ACNL save and then copy/paste the .dat files frome my 2016 save I wanna recover in the empty folder it created but no luck. I still can't import. When I push R it does nothing.

So I gave a shot to JKSM (got it here : https://github.com/Phalk/JKSM/releases).
    Well, it sees the saves in my console and all, but when I try to export I have an error message or it crashes.
    Sometimes I get through it but there's no "3ds/data/JKSM" folder whatsoever on my SD card.
    Also, importing save doesn't seem to work with mine, when I'm in the folder I press Y but nothing happens.

So yeah, I don't really know what to do next :unsure:

EDIT : The issue with JKSM is solved and I could successfully import my save with the search for SD data option, pressing Y when the right folder is highlighted as oppose to pressing it IN the folder lol.

SOLVED ! Thanks

Last edited by Rod227, Jun 29, 2019