• Others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stevodotorg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just had to reply to this post. You know I have been a long big fan of the original command and conquer / red alert series, I grew up on the original red alert and still love it to this day, I have played the demo of C&C3.. and for some reason, I just didn't get into it as much, I personally think I wasn't giving it enough time, I hope to get around to playing it some more soon..

but, is there anyone out there who has played both games? I really would like to give supreme commander a try, It looks pretty darn good, I am curious how it matches up to c&c3.

Feel free to quote me on this one if someone replies so I don't forget about this post
smile.gif

gast

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Command and Conquer 3 for sure.
Supreme Commander is extremely overrated, I found it quite horrible to be perfectly honest.

Command and Conquer 3 is a nice game though, I'm currently plowing through the Nod campaign (the campaigns are very well made).
But since I'm not an RTS genius I usually go for the newbie tactics (building mass defense until my base is invunerable, then attack! :D) so it's taking me a while.
The cutscenes are great too, adds flavor to the game.
It's not as good as Red Alert 2, but it's pretty close I think.

If you're getting one of these games I recommend C&C3, which is an overall better game.

EDIT:
stevodotorg said:
I have played the demo of C&C3.. and for some reason, I just didn't get into it as much...
I played the demo for C&C3 too an wasn't impressed, but then I tried the full game in the Nod campaign, it totally changed my mind about the game.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C&C 3 is good, but I think its missing a few aspects especially after playing Supreme Commander. I completed the GDI missions in 2 days, after that there are the NOD missions, plus a couple extra.

On the other hand the missions in Supreme Commander appear to be long, I had one that lasted over 90mins. Which can be along time. I think there are 18 missions in total, 6 for each faction.

If you want replay value, both games have good skirmish and multiplayer modes.

I vote for Supreme Commander if you have the patience.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’d go with Command and conquer 3, Supreme Commander’s missions
were just way to long. But man do we need a C&C or Starcraft for the DS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...