Hardware Supported input devices

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this game on PSN yesterday, that said in the update history "Added support for Legacy controller devices" I dunno what that means and it does not explain anything about it. So i was hoping if anyone had a idea, i couldn't find enough information about it.

I also tried to connect my bluetooth microphone but it says no audio device support, which works on my ps3 but not on ps4, also hoped it did. Now i wonder if android devices also aren't supported. Does anyone else have problems with devices?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which game is it?
maybe it will help understand what "legacy" means. Maybe non Sony or non Playstation controllers? like USB HID.

I know War Thunder is compatible with USB HID Controllers (to play the plane's game with plane's controllers)
Waiting for the PSVR support and it will be very immersive :P

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last blade 2, Is a fighting game for neo geo arcade machine by SNK Playmore, ported over by code mystics. That game, under update history says it supports legacy controller input.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not sure if it's a different device or the way the PS4 buttons are mapped, but you can see on this video that "legacy" is a button mapping :

Look at difference between 00:10 and 00:15

Maybe Legacy means it's compatible with "original" input method, so for Arcade games it's compatible with controllers like this?

I also found this:
http://shoryuken.com/2016/02/16/heres-how-to-get-your-legacy-controller-working-in-street-fighter-v/
http://www.gamingobserver.com/stree...w-to-use-ps3-arcade-controllerssticks-on-ps4/

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
not starting a new thread for this, but is anybody using a physically connected USB controller on ps4?
im dying to find one of the new model (CUH-ZCT2U) dualshock4 or the hori fps pad for usb play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-