France
Reactions: urherenow

Krasny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there

4.4.0-4E here, rxtools 2.6 (github) gives [....x..], tested also 3.0b2 and firmware.bin is correct (checked with hash file). Any ideas of what is wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited by Krasny,

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello im having and issue
im getting an error that says invalid argument 0x7, invalid signatures.
i have this error with 2 titles that are more than 1gb, also tried 2 diferent sources for each,also tried devmen,bbm,fbi and nothing worked.
then i tried to install a smaller cia 30mb, some themes, and those installed perfectly.
is this a known issue?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hi there
4.4.0-4E here, rxtools 2.6 (github) gives [....x..], tested also 3.0b2 and firmware.bin is correct (checked with hash file). Any ideas of what is wrong?
Thanks!
This "x" indicates it failed when patching your AGB_FIRM. I don't know if you've installed the patched AGB or not.
There are guys facing this problem, also it could cause installation again&again.
You could uninstall the patched one and install original one in FBI. Do it carefully (may influence your SysNAND?).
Unfortunately i don't play GBA games on 3DS, so i didn't ever get such a problem (except when 2.6 is out the first time).
i have this error with 2 titles that are more than 1gb, also tried 2 diferent sources for each,also tried devmen,bbm,fbi and nothing worked.
then i tried to install a smaller cia 30mb, some themes, and those installed perfectly.
is this a known issue?
This is likely not be a issue related to CFW itself. Try to verify your CIA present with its original produced one.
Cause you could run FBI and devmenu, itself tells you the sig-check is patched already.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
is this a known issue?

More likely than not, you got a corrupted / non complete CIA.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
is this a known issue?

More likely than not, you got a corrupted / non complete CIA.

caytung07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there

Thanks!
I ve got this problem too, from 2.6 to 3.0b2, my device is Japanese,took tested run ok files pack from another member, still [....x..], went back to 2.5.2

Shurikan117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right so i am using and emunand created using rxtools 2.6. I switched it with the 3.0b3 dat file (above). Mset did not work. Nor did using the code.bin to recreate it (get kicked to normal menu and when i go to the nds profile, it does not load). I am on 4.5. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? :(

Edit: attempting to launch off launch.rxtools.net does not seem to work either, is this normal? Also after a system format, my health and safety app seems to be missing....

Krasny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This "x" indicates it failed when patching your AGB_FIRM. I don't know if you've installed the patched AGB or not.
There are guys facing this problem, also it could cause installation again&again.
You could uninstall the patched one and install original one in FBI. Do it carefully (may influence your SysNAND?).
Unfortunately i don't play GBA games on 3DS, so i didn't ever get such a problem (except when 2.6 is out the first time).

I didn´t patch anything, the console is near stock and i didn´t flash anything at sysnand. How can I reflash AGB_FIRM to test it?

Thanks for the reply

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I didn´t patch anything, the console is near stock and i didn´t flash anything at sysnand. How can I reflash AGB_FIRM to test it?
Thanks for the reply
Try follow the guide for patched AGB_FIRM. You would have to download a specific version using 3DNUS.
I've never tried it out, neither do i play GBA games on 3DS. So unfortunately this is my limit for your question.
If you face no problem except this one, you could contact the team - maybe an issue. Hope it be dealt.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

Thanks for the reply

Then you don't have AGB_FIRM installed in neither the SysNAND nor the EmuNAND. I'm assuming you're using the latest rxTools build, of course.

It is necessary to have AGB_FIRM installed in at least one of the NANDs. The installation data suite needs that in order to properly parse the Title Key and decrypt the AGB_FIRM copy stored in the firmware.bin file. Otherwise, it'll always fail. Your best shot would be to just install a clean AGB_FIRM CIA to either the SysNAND or the EmuNAND (or both).

@megazero1x1 You should definitely add this info to the first post. ;)

EDIT: I didn't notice you don't know how to install it. Just get the AGB_FIRM CIA straight from NUS using 3DNUS (Title ID: 0004013800000202 / Version: 3665). Then, use the Install FBI option to inject

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How can I update FBI installed in sysnand using rxtools? Since the version installed appears to be 3.8....
I suggest you to install devMenu or BBB via the old FBI (H&S), Restore Original H&S (if replaced), then use DevMenu (or other) to install new FBI.
I don't know if the FBI is passed via PBT-CFW or just replaced H&S. If H&S it might be a different Unique ID..
I always have multiple devMenu like installed so i could update those from other. Orz.

Shurikan117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest you to install devMenu or BBB via the old FBI (H&S), Restore Original H&S (if replaced), then use DevMenu (or other) to install new FBI.
I don't know if the FBI is passed via PBT-CFW or just replaced H&S. If H&S it might be a different Unique ID..
I always have multiple devMenu like installed so i could update those from other. Orz.

Nice Thanks bro. :)

Edit - Devmenu does not seem to appear on sysnand, despite appearing within FBI...now what?

Last edited by Shurikan117,

Shurikan117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What?! Try install BigRedMenu BigBlueMenu or DevMenu (2x, and 620).
Also try launch it from FBI. Don't be afraid if you plan to update FBI anyway.

Installed Bigblue/red menu and devmenu x2 using Rxsysnand. Non of them appear as presents or whatever. I do see then under 'Nand' in FBI, but when i launch them, i get a black screen and it just stays that way (i had to reboot). Why is this?

Edit - I might reinstall my sysnand backup and try all this again. Might see how that goes. Thanks anyway. :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back