Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Are linked NANDS still a requirement for AGB in emuNAND? I currently have mine unlinked, and any GBA games just crash unless I go back and install them on sysNAND. I tried both original and patched AGB_FIRM with the same result.
seems that way... from what I tested

the data files seems to install fine to be linked or unliked 9.0 sysnand and 9.8 emunand, US region, using spider

1st test, linked sysnand and emunand and I belive I installed the AGB_FRIM on both so I could play a single gba on rxtools 2.5
2nd test unliked sysnand (formatted 2 time) and an old backup ogf my 9.8 emunand and I belive I installed the AGB_FRIM on both so I could play a single gba on rxtools 2.5
3rd test unlinked syanand and emunand, formatted a new emunand using gateway launcher, formatted the sysnand 1 time and emunand 2 times, unsure if the AGB_FRIM was updated on the emunand when I updated to 9.8

on all of my test it installed fine within the minute

rxfbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont have any problem installing 2.6, the only thing is use the new firmware.bin (almost 6mb) and that all.

My poblem is when i try to install any game using default fbi with rx or the latest version 1.4.1 or big blue or dev menu.

in fbi or big blue the same error when i try to install any game:

Install failed!
could not install app.
Raw error: 0xd8e0806a
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)

the error change for other when i use dev menu, the only games installed are from the eshop and little mb, if i try to install another game not from eshop, when the bars goes to 99% ERROR.

its for the rxtools or the programs? the sd its original and new, its 32gb

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have any problem installing 2.6, the only thing is use the new firmware.bin (almost 6mb) and that all.

My poblem is when i try to install any game using default fbi with rx or the latest version 1.4.1 or big blue or dev menu.

in fbi or big blue the same error when i try to install any game:

Install failed!
could not install app.
Raw error: 0xd8e0806a
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)

the error change for other when i use dev menu, the only games installed are from the eshop and little mb, if i try to install another game not from eshop, when the bars goes to 99% ERROR.

its for the rxtools or the programs? the sd its original and new, its 32gb
I have no issues in installing(Big Blue Menu) CIA(85mb) in both sysnand and emunand.

rxfbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, i say that i have installed big blue menu, devmenu, fbi from rxtools and fbi 1.4.1, the only thing that i cant install is the games, zeldas, marios, kirby, pokemon, the only games that installed 100% are from the eshop, and no happydance, i have the title.db and import.db correctly, when i go the 1ª time to data management the popup tell me to delete and create new data.

so, i dont know if the problem is the fbi, dev menu, big blue or the rxtools, or the cias.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In configuration.c, in github, quite every step is inside a commented area.
Actually it seems to stop while decrypting AGB firm.
This means that it fails to find the titlekey or to read the firm from firmware.bin
I have unlinked nands, patched AGB_FIRM on both nands, 2.6 installed no problem, like 30 seconds. Using your initial build of 2.6

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have unlinked nands, patched AGB_FIRM on both nands, 2.6 installed no problem, like 30 seconds. Using your initial build of 2.6

The same, but I updated to the new build and now it fails at 4 points of instalation.

EDIT: Nevermind, I download the firmware.bin again and now it works

Last edited by Intronaut,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The same, but I updated to the new build and now it fails at 4 points of instalation.
Leads me to believe it could be either: an sd card problem, bad firmware.bin (not letting it completly download and close by itself, not using python 2.7), or no AGB_FIRM/broken AGB_FIRM :unsure:

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Leads me to believe it could be either: an sd card problem, bad firmware.bin (not letting it completly download and close by itself, not using python 2.7), or no AGB_FIRM/broken AGB_FIRM :unsure:

Yeah, I edited my post. It seems we have to download firmware.bin again in every revision as a temporary workaround.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
used the one in the rxtools.net package and nothing
downloading at a very slooooooooooooooooooooooooow speed right now with the one in github

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I edited my post. It seems we have to download firmware.bin again in every revision as a temporary workaround.

I never redownloaded the firmware.bin on my test... used the initial 2.6 release on my 1st and 2nd test then I just replaced the rxtools.dat with the new rev of 2.6 on my 3rd test and didn't free at the four dots... but honestly I thought it was going to freeze but continued on loading with no problems

maybe sd card corruption? when people forgot to safely eject the sd card from the pc?

*edit seems the latest 2.6 build really needs to be redownloaded... cause the firmware.bin now ends up with a size of 3mb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1