Superhero films you can stand to rewatch occasionally.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the purposes of this if the character originated in a comic of the marvel/dc/2000ad sort of circles then it counts.

Fairly simple premise compared to some of my other threads like this:
With superhero films of various flavours being the toast of the town I sat there and considered which ones I would watch and rewatch. For all the ones that I enjoyed I realised most I would not be broken up about in the slightest to never see again.
I have yet to see the new Judge Dredd film. There have been some pretty good animated shorts, films and standalones so they can be added here.
IMDB list if you want a refresher
http://www.imdb.com/list/PD6DGUTM4dQ/

Ones I would rewatch
Punisher -- any of the three come to think of it.
Blade 2 and possibly the TV show. Blade 1 I can but far more rarely.
Hellboy. Possibly also the hellboy cartoon films.
If Wanted can be counted then maybe that.

All others I can think of right now I either have no desire to see again, no desire to see in the first place or no would consider it no loss to never see again. It had been building for a while but kind of came to a head when I watched the avengers and found it much like cereal -- enjoyable when done well but quite acceptable to have no real memory of it a few months down the line.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
If they're live action, I watch them once never to look back at them ever again. I just don't think live action does comic/cartoon characters any justice.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm torn on the movie. I like it, I appreciate the effort Snyder took to keep the movie as faithful as possible, and it's probably the best adaptation we could've hoped for. At the same time, though, it absolutely pales in comparison to the book. It's missing so much that it feels painfully incomplete, even with all the special editions added in.

Anyway...

Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman: Under the Red Hood (This is on Netflix now, actually. Definitely worth a watch.)
Iron Man
The Avengers
The Hulk vs. Wolverine (Best animated Deadpool we'll likely ever get)

Reactions: The Catboy

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Lets see here:

The Avengers (OK, but I like it!)
Iron Man
The Dark Knight
The Crow...(??..wait, could this be considered a superhero movie??)
Punisher

...i think i have few more..but i cant remember. Eh...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm torn on the movie. I like it, I appreciate the effort Snyder took to keep the movie as faithful as possible, and it's probably the best adaptation we could've hoped for. At the same time, though, it absolutely pales in comparison to the book. It's missing so much that it feels painfully incomplete, even with all the special editions added in.

Anyway...
As a standalone film, it is good. My wife (my litmus test...) has watched it with me multiple times (the director's cut with 40 extra minutes plus The Black Freighter edited in) and has enjoyed it every time.

Having read the novel prior to seeing it, I appreciate the film that much more. The tongue-in-cheek-ness of it is still there for those who are looking. The satire of the "super hero" genre... The ending, in my opinion, makes more sense than the book...except for Bubastis of course, who is completely out of place since the genetic engineering plot line no longer existed...

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiderman 2 and 3
superman returns
batman forever, batman and robin
fantastic 4 & 2nd one
thor
daredevil
catwoman
elektra

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a few.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Blade (1&2)
The Crow
Kick-Ass
Spider-Man 2
Watchmen

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't tell if serious...

Though they are unlikely to be put on as "something to watch" I would have no great objection to watching thor, daredevil or possibly electra again. The older batman films were definitely products of their time but* I am not sure I find them objectionable and could probably stand to be rewatched more than some of the others (I quite liked batman begins, dark knight was OK I guess and the third I did not even bother to watch).

*My knowledge of batman comes from watching the 90's cartoon and the 60's live action TV show.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spiderman 2, Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, and Iron Man. Honestly, I can't see myself watching Iron Man 3 again when it comes out on DVD.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X2, First Class <--- X2 is almost the perfect superhero movie. First class is amazing as a prequel. Looking forward to Days of future past
Spiderman 2 <-- Best of the spiderman movies so far
Batman Begins, TDK, TDKR <-- No comment needed
Batman Returns <-- Best catwoman, and come on, how can you not like the absurdity of a penguin army. best of the 90's Batman movies
Daredevil (Theatrical Cut) <-- Say what you want, but I actually really like this one. I thought it did a great job of being a more "realistic" approach to being a superhero. And I love how well "Bring me to Life" and "My Immortal" are used.

EDIT: AW reminded me how funny Mystery men was. Have to add that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: