Hacking supercard sd problem....

Sahduk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I borrowed my cousins supercard sd to see what it was like, and it wouldnt show me the list of games that showed up on his ds. I followed the guide that was posted here on gbatemp.net but still nothing. I updated the firmware to the latest, and converted the .nds into .dsq but still nothing is showing up. I read some where that I may need to use a super pass key, but my cousin didnt use anything like that he plugged the supercard into his phat ds and played the roms like thaqt, I tried and there wasnt a list of games on mine.

I also have a phat ds
smile.gif

If anyone could help me that would be great.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He probably had his DS flashed. You need to flash your DS or get a SuperKey. But my recommendation is to just get a slot-1 cart, like the Acekard 2i.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
you have to use a passkey or flash your ds but to flash it you will need a passkey, a slot 1 card or use WirerlessMultiboot
FLASHING IS RISKY
Most of slot 1 card that use Nopass mode have built-in passme

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just because iv just been tryin to get my supercard lite working about 5 minutes ago but iv give my 2gb card away and i was using a 4gb sdhc card, but it wouldnt work the bottom screen said supercard and the top screen was just blank. so i remember years ago when i had to use the 1gb card in my supercard. it was either a 1gb or 2 gb

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To see the DS games on a slot2 cart, you have to boot the SCminiSD in DS mode. To do that you need either a pass-me card (outdated) or a slot1 cart, in which case you just put your DS games on the slot1 and leave slot2 to GBA stuff.

If you have an Action Replay for DS, that can be used as a pass-me also. That's what I used when all I had was a SCminiSD.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
To see the DS games on a slot2 cart, you have to boot the SCminiSD in DS mode. To do that you need either a pass-me card (outdated) or a slot1 cart, in which case you just put your DS games on the slot1 and leave slot2 to GBA stuff. Or you go the really-not-recommended route and flash your DS.

If you have an Action Replay for DS, that can be used as a pass-me also. That's what I used when all I had was a SCminiSD.
Fixed
OP: DO NOT FLASH YOUR DS. Get a slot-1 cart.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
Here's the guide to flashme http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481
However you need some kind of pass me to get it to work.
I flashed my ds and it works great for ez flash IV card so yours should too.
WTF are you encouraging him to flash his DS?!?!?! It's an outdated method and the OP should just get an Acekard 2i for $11.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
purplesludge said:
WTF are you encouraging him to flash his DS?!?!?! It's an outdated method and the OP should just get an Acekard 2i for $11.
It is still useful if for some reason you only have a slot 2. It is also really easy to do and removes the start up screen and can automatically boot into a flashcard.
I did it when I let my friend borrow my cyclo, which he then lost. It makes a great backup while I'm waiting on supercard dstwo.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
tattar8 said:
purplesludge said:
It is still useful if for some reason you only have a slot 2. It is also really easy to do and removes the start up screen and can automatically boot into a flashcard.
I did it when I let my friend borrow my cyclo, which he then lost. It makes a great backup while I'm waiting on supercard dstwo.
It's risky and outdated. Just don't recommend it.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not risky. There is a 2 millisecond time when you can brick the ds. After a few % it has the recovery code, and the fact it takes a whole 2 seconds to flash completely.

Also If it is a certain phat model it may be able to get brightness control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F