Hacking Supercard Lite

gi2eeni3uddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ive been trying to get Advance Wars 2 to work on my Supercard Lite, but it isn't.
I have read that other people been having the same problems too. Can someone tell me if the card is the problem or am I not loading the rom on correctly?
Thank you

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
supercard lite only has enough to load an 8MB game max, advance wars 2 is slightly larger than that. you will probably need to trim it.

Uhhh... what?

1. All non-Rumble Supercards have 32 MB of RAM, and thus can play back all GBA games (in theory).
2. If a game is 16 MB, there's no way you'd be able to trim it to underneath 8 MB or else they wouldn't have paid more to get a 16 MB cartridge.
3. The issue is probably a compatibility issue with the card, not a space/trimming issue.

I don't know how to fix this game in particular, but if you don't have a clue about what you're talking about please refrain from posting advice.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
While the SC Lite was specifically made for the DS (hence the name 'Lite') it still has 32 MByte of RAM and can play pretty much all GBA games (at which speeds is a whole different issue...). You're mixing that up with SC Rumble, which doesn't have the full amount of RAM.

I don't know why Advance Wars 2 doesn't work, don't feel like finding out either, unfortunately. gi2eeni3uddha, are you sure your ROM is okay? What are the settings you patched it with?

gi2eeni3uddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys. When I converted it with the SC software I just set everything to default.
Also, Ive been having some trouble saving some games. Ive been having trouble with donkey kong country and pokemon firered. I thinking other games could be messed up as well... but I havent gotten around to try them... Any solutions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one