Hacking Supercard Lite WARNING

jygen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sup, second post here. Check out this set up:

Currently purchased a Supercard Lite (NOT RUMBLE) wth a 2GB Sandisk microSD. The problem is that it won't run any *.NDS or *.SC.NDS files even if I use the passME device. As a PassMe I'm using EZFlash V with another Sandisk 2GB microSD card.

The funny thing is that it will run *.gba files, but only when I DON'T use the EZFlash as a Pass Me (i.e. run the Supercard like a regular GBA cartridge).

I've tried running Moonshell 1.6, SnezziDS, SnesDS and SNEmulDS (all on *.NDS files) and all I get is a white screen of death at the top and the bottom. I'm using firmware 1.7, but it ain't helping.

Any ideas?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why the homebrew apps aren't running but as for the roms, have you patched them with the Official Patching Software program? If not, you can nab it HERE

Also, it sounds as if the EZFlash might be a problem. What's the other PassMe device you tried using?

jygen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info! I haven't tried to patch the ROMS (I though that's only required for *.gba files) since the SnemulDS requires you to run the ROMs from the "SNES" directory (which isn't working with either *.smc filed either)

I haven't used any other passMe devices, cause I don't have any others. Basically my Supercard is only good for running *.gba files.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't know a lot about EZ Flash, but if there's some sort of feature you can use that'll turn it into a PassMe device, you should have no problem running patched roms from the MicroSD that's inside the Supercard Lite. The Supercard Lite requires a PassMe device in Slot-1 in order for it to startup/run.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you have to patch the nds games using supercard's software. Refer to http://eng.supercard.cn/download.htm and download the proper software and if you need the patch settings (pretty much all the same since the compatibility is good with ds games), refer to www.dualscene.net and look @ the supercard compatibility list. It's not as easy as your EZ V, all slot 2 devices require patching.

jygen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the settings to patch *.nds files is probably what I'm missing, because I am able to patch the *.gba files just fine and they're running. So far I haven't been able to run any homebrew or *.nds files with the supercard lite.

The EZ V is able to work as a passMe device, so that's why I'm using it, however the GBA files I've been playing do not need it. I'll check the info from tama_mog and see where it leads, and I'l probably be able to fix the NDS issue.

Any clues on homebrew?

ralff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sup, second post here. Check out this set up:

Currently purchased a Supercard Lite (NOT RUMBLE) wth a 2GB Sandisk microSD. The problem is that it won't run any *.NDS or *.SC.NDS files even if I use the passME device. As a PassMe I'm using EZFlash V with another Sandisk 2GB microSD card.

The funny thing is that it will run *.gba files, but only when I DON'T use the EZFlash as a Pass Me (i.e. run the Supercard like a regular GBA cartridge).

I've tried running Moonshell 1.6, SnezziDS, SnesDS and SNEmulDS (all on *.NDS files) and all I get is a white screen of death at the top and the bottom. I'm using firmware 1.7, but it ain't helping.

Any ideas?

I've retried it with your configuration.
NDS Lite, Slot-1 EZ-V, Slot-2 SC Lite.

It's not possible to run any GBA or NDS Rom if you boot the Slot-2 device (SC Lite) from inside the EZ V menu.
If you use the combination of EZ V / EZ IV everything runs fine.

Seems to be a problem in the actual EZ V firmware. But i don't know if EZ while support any SC product in future.

Ralf

jygen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really have a superkey, so I dunno if I'd be able to get a rom dump.

basically my supercard is just good enough to run gba files as it is. :/

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LOL what the heck are you guys talkingabout.....

Supercard lite will not run .nds

you need to use the patcher so that you get .dsq files, the supercard lite will run the .dsq files..to run .nds files, you need a slot1 solution.

BeerMan5000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
SuperNDS.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL what the heck are you guys talkingabout.....

Supercard lite will not run .nds

you need to use the patcher so that you get .dsq files, the supercard lite will run the .dsq files..to run .nds files, you need a slot1 solution.

lecture.gif

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have the white screen problem. The problem was my usb writer, i switched to card writer in my camera then all of my roms worked after that. Some roms i uncheck enable restart in case they are unsuppoerted by supercard lites own patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only people who turn green need to see a doctor.