Hacking Supercard EOS SP2 is released!

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as FEFL mention, the SC Team should already know about it, yesterday i sent a message to one of the mods about the problem with the ds1patch file that was released to fix WarioWare (it's the same one that came with SP2). And they already fixed the problem that it had with Pokemon (it loaded fine the first time, but after that gave a black screen), but they are still working on fixing the other problems (not being able to use cheats and a problem when there are many files/directories at the same level that causes freezing).

Zenith94 said:
Uncle FEFL said:
It's a known problem. It's been sent to the team already.

And I still can't load my soulsilver save. It loads and shows my data but when i click on it i get black screen.
Download the ds1patch file from here: http://forum.supercard.sc/viewthread.php?t...tra=&page=1
It should fix your problem.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to note that, while I don't think it's usually noticable, games seem to have benefited from this improved I/O as well. I still had a few stutters on the Dawn of Sorrow intro video and they're gone now. My games folder loads instantly now too, which is pretty great. Glad to see Realtime Saves fixed up a bit too, I used to have huge trouble with them when playing Spirit Tracks and they appear to work ok now.

TakTikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryker said:
Doesn't work on my 8gd transcend 6 speed micro card, dsone version sdhc. Shows everything but when you select the game folder it just sits there.

Yup same thing happened to me (same exact card)..... were you able to find a fix?

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a known problem from SP2, SC Team is actually working on it.
From my research, it seems that the problem appears when you have too many files/directories in the same level (kind of explained on my other post in this thread).
For example, if you have over x number of files/directories in the root, it will freeze at root. If you don't have that many files/directories in the root, but you have them in a subdirectory, it will freeze when you open it (this seems to be your situation).
The x number is a value between 26-28 (don't have the exact number right now), so what you can do it to divide the files that you have in that directory into many directories checking that those directories doesn't have more than 25 files/subdirectories. I'm not sure if the count implies only roms/directories or also counts their .sav/.dso/.txt files (can't really test that since my roms were each in a different directory, so for 25 roms i have 25 directories).

TakTikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joedanger said:
It's a known problem from SP2, SC Team is actually working on it.
From my research, it seems that the problem appears when you have too many files/directories in the same level (kind of explained on my other post in this thread).
For example, if you have over x number of files/directories in the root, it will freeze at root. If you don't have that many files/directories in the root, but you have them in a subdirectory, it will freeze when you open it (this seems to be your situation).
The x number is a value between 26-28 (don't have the exact number right now), so what you can do it to divide the files that you have in that directory into many directories checking that those directories doesn't have more than 25 files/subdirectories. I'm not sure if the count implies only roms/directories or also counts their .sav/.dso/.txt files (can't really test that since my roms were each in a different directory, so for 25 roms i have 25 directories).

Ah I see.... man that sucks. I hope they manage to fix it soon. Even tho there isn't a huge difference between sp1 and sp2 it just that I like having the latest and greatest
smile.gif

Thanks for the info joe
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)