Supercard : DSTwo

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NEO-BAHAMUT-, May 24, 2013.

1. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

NEO-BAHAMUT- GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2013
    I'm going to be buying one of these hopefully today. I was wondering if you could give me your own personal review on it though. Is it worth the money of £33. Does it fix game freezes like it states it does?

Thanks.

2. Paranoid Mouse C

Paranoid Mouse C GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2006
    United States
    In your heap, shifting bits.
    I'd say it is worth it. It's the only flashcard I'd feel comfortable recommending to anyone else. I've experienced no freezes. However, the DSTWO's RTS has caused strange audio glitches and other odd behavior for me personally on a few titles, but such things are far and few between to really warrant looking at another flashcard. The DSTWO is what you want.

3. gordillo

gordillo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2007
    Canada
    at school *BORED*
    Ive had mine for a year now, and all i can say that it is what it claim it is, the best flashcard out there
    it had some hiccups sometimes but thats cause of the contacts were dirty, and the SC team is really quick at releasing fixes

4. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

May 22, 2013
    Been watching a few reviews on this flashcard. I'm defo going to buy one I think. They do seem alot better than any other i've seen or used.

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  6. TackyPie

TackyPie GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    I just got mine yesterday and I say it is worth it.

7. spataroalan
    This message by spataroalan has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 4, 2013.
    May 25, 2013
  8. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    My DStwo has been amazing for the year that I've had it. Definently worth $35

9. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

May 22, 2013
    Does the supercard ds two support any size sdhc card? Just waiting to get paid before I buy one. Looking forward to it as at the moment I have to chop and change between the ds lite and my 3ds xl. Getting bored of that now though and would love it to be all in one ds.

10. aalokishere

aalokishere GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2012
    Nepal
    Yes, it does. Upto 32 gb that is(I don't know if more is supported)

11. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

May 22, 2013
    Ok so what about game freezes? I have been trying to play Pokemon black / white lately and it freezes a lot not tried much else though.

Will this be fixed on the DSTwo? Is there a list of games that flash arts struggle with etc???

12. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    DSTwo bypassed B2/W2's AP just fine when it came out.

13. smartinez281

smartinez281 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    I just got mine a few days back and have not had time to set up the card much. I played the gba emulator,but I have a few problems..maybe someone knows a fix:
    Some games that are listed as "Works" here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTWO_GBA_Emulator_Compatibility
    run choppy to me..like not smooth.
    For example LoZ ALTTP runs a bit slow.
    Anyway to stretch out the screen so that the fills the entire top screen of the 3DS?
    Maybe its just the stock gba emu that I am using is outdated..

14. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
  15. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

May 22, 2013
    Still waiting for my card to arrive. I ordered it on the 28th May. Hoping it will be here today in time for the weekend.

:(

16. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I'll be honest, I've gotten quite a few game freezes when using the DS2, mostly while playing Mother3 on the GBA emulator, but also on a couple DS games, but I also figure it's probably a faulty microSD

17. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    Hi.

For 32 MiB GBA ROMs on NDSGBA, 16-32 MiB on TempGBA or any size of DS ROM, the card does have an effect and can freeze the game if it's too slow, because the game's data is loaded when needed. Mother 3 is 32 MiB, I believe, so that would be it.

8 MiB GBA ROMs are always loaded into RAM fully before starting them in NDSGBA and TempGBA.

It would help most games if you had a microSD card with a faster read speed.

18. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

May 22, 2013
    Well it's still not here. I'm hoping that it should be here this week. It's been almost two weeks since I ordered it now. I think it must have been sent via India first on camel back.

19. dave10
    This message by dave10 has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Jun 13, 2013
  20. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
  21. Ryzla86

Ryzla86 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2013
    Hey guys, just got my 3DSxl and need a flash cart as my old TTDS is not compatible. Having a read through some threads it seems the DSTwo can emulate GBA games pretty good, so ive decided to go with this. any of you guys recommend a online store? from the UK if thats any help.

22. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    While the DSTwo has by far the best GBA emulation, it's still kinda' crappy. Tons of games don't run fullspeed, many do not run at all, etc.

The DS is a bad platform for emulation.